Are you a self-directed, highly organized journalist who is adept at writing briefs, organizing content, and assembling photo galleries? Do you thrive in an environment where you are performing a variety of tasks to produce print and online publications? Are you detail-oriented, accurate and deadline-driven? If you answered yes, keep reading…
Great Falls Tribune, a Gannett company and member of the USA TODAY NETWORK, is seeking a full-time News Assistant. This position will provide support for the newsroom and will write, re-write, assemble and publish content such as calendars, listings, press releases, news briefs and sports briefs. This role will also deliver content for digital and print platforms while meeting deadlines.
In this role, you will:
- Writes, re-writes and assembles content that is accurate, timely and concise, including but not limited to calendars, listings and briefs. Selects appropriate visual elements for content. Publishes content to digital and print platforms.
- Writes digital headlines and web summaries taking into account SEO and key word elements.
- Reads content for accuracy, style, spelling, grammar and punctuation.
Here’s what you need:
- Degree in journalism or related field, preferred
- Experience in an internship, college newspaper or professional journalistic training/setting
- Exceptional planning and organizational skills
- Self-motivated and self-directed
- Basic journalism skills (reporting and editing)
- Effective communicator; able to get along with diverse personalities
- Able to multi-task and excel under intense deadline pressure in a rapidly changing environment
- Knows how to use time efficiently in a 24-hour news environment
- Embraces peer-to-peer feedback and training
- Writing, spelling, grammar, AP and local style
Here’s what we have to offer:
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive Health, Dental and Vision coverage
- Life Insurance
- 401(K) Saving Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Company Holidays
- Paid Time Off to Volunteer in the Community
- Employee Discount Program
About The Great Falls Tribune:
The Great Falls Tribune is proud to be a part of Gannett. We are an energetic and fast-paced media company with a sales team devoted to being a World Class Sales Organization. If you’re looking for a rewarding challenge, the Great Falls Tribune is the place to be!
The Great Falls Tribune, a part of the Gannett Co. Inc., family, and a consultative media company that provides our customers with a means to deliver their advertising message to the right audience in the most effective way. From online to print to direct mail, Statesman Journal encompasses an array of products including CareerBuilder.com, GF Now, GreatFallsTribune.com, and The Great Falls Tribune.
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a next-generation media company committed to strengthening communities across our network. Through trusted, compelling content and unmatched local-to-national reach, Gannett touches the lives of nearly 100 million people monthly. With more than 110 markets internationally, it is known for Pulitzer Prize-winning newsrooms, powerhouse brands such as USA TODAY and specialized media properties. To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.
Meet Some of Gannett's Employees
Sr. Designer, Product
Marianne designs the visual interface for digital applications at Gannett. She ensures news readers around the world have the most engaging and intuitive experience possible.
Back to top