National Advertising Digital Account Manager
The Account Manager is primarily focused on supporting the digital business of the National Sales team in growing revenue with existing customers, as well as identification of new advertising prospects. Additionally, the Account Manager works with internal departments as a partner in developing complex advertising solutions, and works directly with the clients to provide customer service. Other activities include attending client meetings, creating advertising media plans, using independent judgment in negotiating terms, and managing the full lifecycle of day-to-day account management activities, including the successful launch and maintenance of all campaigns.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Work with assigned Digital/Integrated Sales Rep(s) on incoming RFPs and upfront proposals, in order to formulate proposal to meet client objectives, collaborating with various cross-company teams to develop best advertising solutions as needed
- Develop and revise media plans with existing accounts by analyzing historical data on customer spending, as well as considerations of client objectives, timing, product offerings, product performance and inventory availability
- Independently manage all post-sale online advertising activity to ensure customer satisfaction is achieved and to prevent under-delivery – this includes booking, trafficking, delivery reporting, optimizations and assistance in resolution of billing discrepancies
- Project management of internal creative builds and sponsorship/custom programs – working as a liaison between client/creative agency and internal teams towards successful execution
- Ensure effective communication with sales teams to understand and anticipate customer needs, and ensure that advertising solutions meet those needs while setting internal and external expectations
- Provide high level of customer service to clients with effective communication, timely responses to requests and proactive resolution of potential issues
- Provide support on print business as needed
- Participate in project work as directed by supervisor
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Extensive working experience with developing large ad solutions against market strategies, events and brands
- Extensive working experience with online media sales and responding to RFPs
- Experience working with research, sales and operations to execute solutions
- Excellent analytical and interpretative skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong knowledge of online media
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced, high-pressured, dynamic environment, with tight deadlines
- Must be able to constantly prioritize workload with minimal supervision and manage multiple projects
- Must be a team player and key strategist
- College education
- 3 years working experience in digital advertising
- 3 years previous work experience in the media/publishing industry
- 3 years previous work experience working with sales personnel
What we Offer:
As a part of the USA Today Network, the nation’s largest media and marketing solutions company, we offer a dynamic, community-focused environment where individuals are rewarded for exceptional performance. We offer competitive salaries and benefits, including health care, dental and vision coverage, flexible spending account, 401(k), paid vacation time, personal and sick leave, and tuition reimbursement. Pre-employment drug testing and background screening are required.
- GannettCo., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drugfree, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider allqualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age,marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity,family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation orveteran status.
Connect with us on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Glassdoor, Indeed & The Muse to learnmore about our dynamic company culture!
Meet Some of Gannett's Employees
Sr. Designer, Product
Marianne designs the visual interface for digital applications at Gannett. She ensures news readers around the world have the most engaging and intuitive experience possible.
Back to top