USA TODAY Network National News Desk
The Multimedia Journalist (aka The Optimizer) produces engaging content to be shared by our audience on social media networks.
- Identify opportunities to enhance and optimize national content from the USA TODAY Network and other sources.
- Identify unique angles or takes on stories that will resonate with the social audience.
- Research, write and/or produce multimedia content that appeals to key audience targets and maximize user experience on digital platforms.
- Manage digital fronts
- Champion alternative story forms, quizzes, data visualization and other tools that increase engagement and provide a unique user experience.
- Work closely with graphic and video teams to optimize and produce content.
- Work closely with social media producers to provide sharable content and track user engagement.
The ideal candidate will:
- Embrace digital experimentation.
- Excel in a fast-paced news environment.
- Be fluent in HTML and CSS and have an eye towards responsive design
- Be able to create maps and charts with tools such as the Google Maps API, D3.js, Raphael,
- Understand multi-platform delivery.
- Understand what makes content sharable.
- Be socially savvy with an understanding of the culture of sharing.
- Exemplify the work hard, play hard mentality.
Back to top