Multimedia Graphic Designer
Responsible for strategic concept development and execution for all in-house products – print and digital. This role will work primarily with print publications as we transition some of our products to the digital environment. The designer is expected to provide a unique ability to bring creative projects to life from start to finish; work on products of diverse scope and interest; and effectively collaborate with the editorial team on all products.
This position reports to the Creative Director.
This role requires:
- Excellent communication skills – visual and written, as well as verbal
- Ability to be a team leader and team player
- Collaboration with editors to conceptualize content for custom magazines and digital products
- Good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for designing compelling, effective pages and graphics; as well as offer creative solutions to enhance storytelling
- Ability to design print magazine and newsprint pages at a senior level; aptitude to learn web design
- Help source photos and other images to create compelling design presentations
- Ability to think critically and adapt well to change in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign)
- Print production work (i.e. file preparation, file organization and archiving)
- Self-motivation with critical attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple design projects
- Strong organizational and time-management skills
About USA TODAY NETWORK:
The USA TODAY NETWORK is the largest local to national media network in the country. Powered by integrated and award-winning news organizations with deep roots in over 100 local communities, plus USA TODAY, the multiplatform news network informs and engages more than 100 million people every month through its diverse portfolio of digital, mobile, and publishing products. To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com.
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.
Back to top