Material Handler, Part-Time/Night Shift
Material Handler/Inserter – Part-Time/Night Shift/Week End – Sterling Heights Location – Night Owls Wanted!
Michigan.com, a US Today Network Company which prints the USA Today, the Detroit Free Press, and The Detroit News, has openings for Part-time Material Handler/Inserters at our Sterling Heights Operational Facility.
This is a great position to earn additional funds on the weekend including college students looking for extra income!
The work schedule is approx. 20 hours per week depending on work demand – Night Shift:
Friday: 10:00 p.m. – 6:00 a.m.
Saturday: 8:30 p.m. – 1:30 p.m.
Sunday: 10:00 p.m. – 6:00 a.m.
Additional availability may include Monday 6:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. or 2:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.
Pay Rate: $10.62 per hour
We also offer the opportunity to learn additional skills which can lead to an increasing higher pay rate.
We are located in Sterling Heights, MI (16 Mile & Mound): 6200 Metropolitan Parkway (16 Mile Rd.)Sterling Heights, MI 48312
Key Responsibilities/Job Requirements:
This position is responsible for operating machines to insert preprinted advertisements into newspapers.
You will perform various functions necessary to package, insert and distribute supplements for daily and Sunday newspapers.
- Ensure each bundle through stacker lines is properly wrapped and tied for delivery to Transportation.
- Properly label, wrap and package all mail, files and V.I.P. papers.
- Account for all papers in Mailroom by recording all waste, salvage and figures from stacker counters on proper reports.
- Check bundles every ten minutes for accurate counts.
- Neatly stack and separate all zoned product for expansion.
- Maintain zone integrity by using proper zone wrappers on skids and bundles.
- Maintain all equipment and general cleaning daily.
- Communicate with supervisors to ensure proper operation is achieved.
- Help to maintain a clean and safe work environment by using proper waste material receptacles, and participating in safety program.
- Excellent attendance is expected.
- Ability to stand for extended periods while working during shift.
- Ability to lift newspaper bundles weighing up to 35 lbs.
About USA TODAY NETWORK:
The USA TODAY NETWORK is the largest local to national media network in the country. Powered by integrated and award-winning news organizations with deep roots in 92 local communities, plus USA TODAY, the multiplatform news network informs and engages more than 100 million people every month through its diverse portfolio of digital, mobile, and publishing products. To connect with us, visit http://www.gannett.com/
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, family responsibilities, disability education, political affiliation or veteran status.
Meet Some of Gannett's Employees
Sr. Designer, Product
Marianne designs the visual interface for digital applications at Gannett. She ensures news readers around the world have the most engaging and intuitive experience possible.
Back to top