Marketing Strategist- Nashville
The Tennessean, a Gannett Company, part of the USA Today Network, has an exciting opportunity for a Marketing Strategist. The Marketing Strategist is responsible for the management of integrated marketing solutions, media planning, digital and mobile solutions, research, analysis, ad concepts, creative solutions and strategy based on market specific industry and core customer information for specified clients; taking the gathered information in combination with audience based selling principles and applying it to recommendations for such clients in the form of data, ad design, digital and creative solutions and sales presentations to grow and/or maintain existing revenue and drive measurable results.
The Marketing Strategist will work together with advertising sales key account executives to build integrated marketing client solutions proposals to achieve annual segment, market share and incremental revenue growth targets. Together with key account executives he/she will manage pipeline development, perform necessary research and needs analysis within specific industries and compile core customer information for specified key account segments.
In this role, you will:
- Work in tandem with key account executives, digital specialists and account managers to build a continuous pipeline of sales prospects and building strategies to maximize revenue potential within designated segment for local market.
- Collaborate with advertising sales, insights & research and B2B marketing teams to understand client business needs to include client meetings to identify advertiser’s. needs, utilize research and data to create compelling recommendations and aid in the development of creative execution of marketing campaigns.
- Perform in-depth analysis of data to identify opportunities to increase market share and incorporate knowledge of local market and Gannett suite of products, especially digital, mobile and DMS solutions. Fully understand audience based selling principles including how to apply audience analysis and knowledge in conjunction with research data for creative execution and overall strategy. Prepare and lead client presentations and/or proposals to include research and analysis data as needed.
- Develop sales development training programs as well as research-based data to advertising sales team.
- Work closely with Insights & Research teams to utilize local and national research tools and programs to compile and analyze data.
- Build presentations and present information, research, ad concepts or other elements to clients.
- Highly proficient in digital media & digital marketing solutions and how advertisers can utilize digital marketing to drive results for their businesses.
- Develop and grow relationships with key assigned advertising clients.
- Produce creative briefs and work with creative teams on message development.
Here’s what you need:
- Strategic capabilities, technical marketing, digital marketing, media planning & research skills.
- Organizational and project management skills.
- Solid background in market research and application.
- Considered thought-leader in digital/social media marketing and stays current on trends.
- Ability to pull and analyze research and develop marketing presentations.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, superior PowerPoint presentation skills.
- Exceptional planning and organizational skills.
- Strong project management and problem solving skills.
- Industry knowledge.
- Previous advertising agency experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business or related field.
- More than five years of experience.
- Strong communication and collaboration experience.
About USA TODAY NETWORK:
The USA TODAY NETWORK is the largest local to national media network in the country. Powered by integrated and award-winning news organizations with deep roots in 92 local communities, plus USA TODAY, the multiplatform news network informs and engages more than 100 million people every month through its diverse portfolio of digital, mobile, and publishing products. To connect with us, visit http://www.gannett.com/
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.
Back to top