Marketing Research Analyst
Marketing Audience Research Analyst
Michigan.com, Michigan’s Largest Media Marketing Company, part of the USA TODAY NETWORK, and the leader in delivering engaging news and information, has an immediate opening for an Audience Research Analyst. We deliver an ENGAGED AUDIENCE using a variety of SOPHISTICATED TOOLS and resources, and provide our clients the INTEGRATED MARKETING EXPERTISE to help them meet their goals.
Our formula is simple – We combine the largest news and information audience in the state with the top multi-platform marketing experts to provide businesses with a single partner with one purpose, to help them grow. We deliver the trusted brands of Michigan’s largest audience, including the Detroit Free Press/freep.com, The Detroit News/detroitnews.com, O&E Media/hometownlife, Livingston Daily Press & Argus, Lansing State Journal, Battle Creek Enquirer, and Port Huron Times Herald, combined with proven research, creative, strategy and marketing expertise.
The Research Analyst works with departments across the organization including the newsrooms, Audience Development, Consumer Marketing, Sales and Innovation & Product Development to help define problems, objectives and strategies and provide useful materials, reports and presentations for strategy implementation. As a member of the Audience Development team, the research analyst will be responsible for overall data collection, interpretation and presentation to aid in the understanding of audiences on all platforms at all Michigan.com properties. Key responsibilities of the Research Analyst include survey development and deployment, analysis of primary and secondary research sources, analysis of market intelligence, syndicated data and digital metrics, and distribution of research findings through written reports and presentations. The Research Analyst will be responsible for focusing on innovative, creative ideas that leverage Michigan.com products, platforms, services and capabilities.
- Is an expert in collecting and reporting on data from various research tools and programs including, but not limited to: Scarborough, Prime Location, comScore, Omniture, Nielsen Ad Views, Kantar, RAM, Chartbeat, Facebook Insights, etc,.
- With supervision, works on the various stages of in-house primary research studies, including client exploration, questionnaire development, survey deployment, result analysis, report creation, presentation of final results and respondent contest fulfillment.
- Compiles and distributes standardized (in format and frequency of issue) reports and presentations on Michigan.com’s audiences, competition, markets and industry. Provides actionable insights based on these reports and presentations.
- Monitors and reports on marketplace, audience and competitor trends. Conducts market and economic analysis using both primary and secondary research to align with the strategy and goals of the business.
- Supports projects to grow revenue, increase aggregate audience and increase online and mobile usage. Builds reports and presentations using synthesized insights and research.
- Provides completed work this is accurate.
- Strong knowledge of digital and print advertising.
- Ability to take initiative, identify key issues and develop creative solutions to
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to manage internal professional relationships.
- Provides quality work while consistently meeting deadlines.
- Thrives while working independently on most projects.
- Ability to learn new computer/web-based research programs/tools.
- Able to succinctly report on research findings in well thought-out, easy to understand reports and presentations.
- Excellent computer and math skills and able to learn new computer/web-based research programs/tools.
- An expert user of Microsoft Office products, particularly Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Expert user of all research tools/programs including, but not limited to comScore, Omniture, Chartbeat, Scarborough, Nielsen
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing, Advertising or a related field.
- Experience in market research, advertising or media. Experience in media advertising, working with or for an advertising agency or a market/media research firm is preferred, but not required. Digital advertising background is desired.
- Strong computer skills including: Microsoft Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Word.
- Preferred proficiency in using one or more of the following: Omniture, comScore, Nielsen Ad Views, Kantar, Polk, Borrell, Prime Location, Scarborough and other computer/web based research applications.
- Experience with marketing digital and social media platforms preferred.
About USA TODAY NETWORK:
The USA TODAY NETWORK is the largest local to national media network in the country. Powered by integrated and award-winning news organizations with deep roots in 92 local communities, plus USA TODAY, the multiplatform news network informs and engages more than 100 million people every month through its diverse portfolio of digital, mobile, and publishing products. To connect with us, visit http://www.gannett.com/
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.
Back to top