Marketing Coordinator, Consumer Brand Marketing
The Commercial Appeal, part of the USA TODAY Network, is in search of a talented Consumer Marketing Coordinator interested in working for a next generation media company. The Consumer Marketing Coordinator is responsible for assisting in executing consumer brand marketing activities within The Commercial Appeal market. This role collaborates with other local marketing colleagues, the newsroom, Publisher, B2B marketing, other regional/corporate marketing teams, and other internal partners to ensure that project deadlines are met. You’ll also work closely with the local Consumer Marketing & Sales manager and editorial team.
The position is based in Memphis, TN and reports into the Consumer Brand Manager in Nashville.
In this role you will:
- Assist the brand management team with day-to-day tactical support and communication.
- Support supervisor with the execution of communications plans for local sites products and with brand development across several communications channels—in-paper, direct mail, partnerships, events, external media, and online.
- Assist with managing project deadlines and monitors the status by following up with the advertising traffic department, internal clients and respective manager on project status and tactical creative execution.
- Utilizes ad systems to schedule marketing ad placements newspaper and online.com sites.
- Assist with partnerships agreement fulfillments and needs.
- Create advertising and promotion pieces as needed for site.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications or related field preferred
- 1-3 years of administrative or marketing experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
- Proven work experience in project management
- Ability to thrive in a fast pace environment
- Sound understanding of marketing principles
- Pro-active, can-do, go-getter attitude
- Self-motivated, confident, energetic, and creative
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Adobe Creative Suite knowledge is a plus
Meet Some of Gannett's Employees
Sr. Designer, Product
Marianne designs the visual interface for digital applications at Gannett. She ensures news readers around the world have the most engaging and intuitive experience possible.
Back to top