Marketing Consumer Brand Manager
Gannett Wisconsin Media, part of the USA TODAY NETWORK, is seeking an innovative, experienced and proactive Marketing Consumer Brand Manager. We need someone who is as passionate as we are about our brands. This person will be the consumer marketing voice of the organization – working with a dynamic, creative and forward-thinking marketing team as well as other leaders in the organization to drive strategy and results. This position would be responsible for leading B2C marketing strategy for the region, consumer audience development, B2C branding and message development, B2C marketing, public relations, event marketing, and execution of related partnership programs.
This role collaborates with marketing colleagues, CSS, the newsroom, other regional/corporate brand teams, and other internal partners to ensure that project deadlines and circulation sales revenue targets are met. The Brand Manager is expected to execute a variety of projects with minimal direction and support others on more complex projects. You will develop and execute plans to promote our products to consumers and driving awareness of our products, new users and frequency of use.
The ideal candidate will have impeccable leadership and communication skills, thrive in a fast-paced, ever-changing media environment, manage multiple projects at once, and speak up and contribute to the conversation. No wallflowers allowed. We are looking for someone to help us tell our story. Are you up for the challenge? We hope so!
In this role you will:
- Lead overall B2C marketing programs working closely with the Marketing VP/Director, editorial and consumer sales teams
- Develops and executes B2C brand positioning, messaging, creative development, media planning/buying, and channel management focused on improving brand awareness/perceptions and maximizing consumer acquisition and retention. Manages B2C marketing budget
- Works with market analyst to fully leverage research and insights in content development, B2C promotion and strategies
- Works with Graphic Designer and leverages group resources to develop and execute consumer marketing campaigns
- Manage trade and sponsorship relationships with external community partners
- Work in partnership across departments to ensure the organization’s brand message is consistently distributed across multiple channels in order to meet consumer revenue volume goals and brand perception objectives
- Coordinate the production and implementation of creative development, media planning/buying, advertising, marketing promotions, social media and public relations
- Provide leadership in the design and production of all aspects of visual marketing needs. Build deep and productive relationships with external community partners
- Determine marketing business metrics, conduct campaign/promotion analysis, and communicate marketing results and effectiveness to senior management
- Assist in developing annual strategic and operational marketing plans
- Other responsibilities as assigned
Here’s what you need:
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, journalism or equivalent
- At least 3-4 years of previous experience in a consumer focused marketing role
- Advanced proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Key competencies: Creative, Communication, Managing, Assertive, Collaborating, Problem Solving, Project Management, Coordination, Organizational, Multi-tasking, and Follow-up skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects on tight deadlines.
- Sound understanding of research principles/techniques and consumer insight application
- Experience with digital and social media platforms preferred
- Experience performing a wide variety of tasks under the pressure of deadlines
- Strong motivation and drive to learn new systems and processes
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills required
Here’s what we have to offer:
We offer a competitive base salary with career growth opportunities. We also offer you a comprehensive benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term disability, long-term disability, Paid Time Off, Company Paid Holidays, employee discount program and domestic partner benefits. Our 401(k) is topnotch and contributions you make, up to the first 5% eligible for a 100% Company match!
About USA TODAY NETWORK:
The USA TODAY NETWORK is the largest local to national media network in the country. Powered by integrated and award-winning news organizations with deep roots in 92 local communities, plus USA TODAY, the multiplatform news network informs and engages more than 100 million people every month through its diverse portfolio of digital, mobile, and publishing products. To connect with us, visit http://www.gannett.com
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.
Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Connect with us on LinkedIn
Back to top