Marketing Client Strategy Director - Media Advertising
Client Strategy Director
Wisconsin Media, the largest, most powerful media company in the state, powered by ten of the most trusted local news sources in Wisconsin, part of the USA TODAY NETWORK, has an immediate opening for a Client Strategy Director, based in Appleton, WI.
The Director of Client Strategy is responsible for supporting revenue growth goals for 10 Wisconsin markets through client strategy, business development and B2B marketing activities. This role will work in partnership with Senior Management and Sales executives in leading B2B efforts including developing strategies for key business clients and prospects as well as marketing campaigns and other direct marketing tactics aimed at engaging and retaining customers to increase share of local advertising and marketing spending. Manage the development and execution of local B2B marketing and sales support strategies. In partnership with the Group VP of Client Strategy and President, ensure the organization’s B2B brand message is consistently distributed across multiple channels to meet business revenue goals and sales pipeline plans. Coordinate the production and implementation of local creative development, media planning/buying, communication, advertising, marketing promotions, social media and public relations. Responsible for building a deep and productive relationship with key clients and external partners. Develop and execute new customer driven approaches to increase market share of local controllable spending. The Client Strategy Director will be responsible for building a team and collaborating with colleagues in key areas including world class sales and marketing transformation, marketing communication, digital development, marketing services and strategic planning.
- Develop B2B marketing and sales support plans, including implementation of regional and corporate segment and client strategies and market development strategies.
- Oversee development, communication and training of reports and tools for field access to market intelligence and information working with company’s Insights and Research teams.
- Oversee the lead generation, direct marketing and sales support strategies of CRM/sales force automation. Provide leadership in the design and production of all aspects of B2B digital marketing.
- Manage the development and execution of local B2B marketing campaigns to ensure content and brand messages are consistently built across multiple channels meeting lead generation and revenue volume goals and brand perception objectives.
- Manage relationships with local market B2B related employee engagement, communication, external community partners and special events/sponsorships. Participate as a leader with civic organizations and strategic community partners in order to foster great brand awareness and build community connections.
- Manage business-to-business social media strategies to support and evaluate local market’s marketing efforts, service issues, content engagement and overall messaging; building the voice of the customer’ in everything that we do.
- Business development focused – taking lead with sales in 6-8 client calls per month.
Bachelor’s Degree, in marketing, business, or related field, MBA preferred.
5+ years of applicable work experience.
Leadership level experience with track record in building and managing a highly effective team.
Ability to build and direct a sales support organization and the ability to gain and maintain a deep understanding of the markets and associated industry trends.
This leader should possess high digital marketing acumen and requires the ability to thrive in a matrix organization, balancing competing priorities while maintaining a tight focus on achieving target objectives.
Leader – up, across, and down the organization. Seen as a trusted partner.
Driver – Initiating large presentation brainstorm strategy sessions
Strategic data interpreter – Become involved on large client opportunities at the detail levels of research interpretation, product matching and presentation creation
Story teller – Inspiring and training team to create story focused presentations
A flexible/change agent
Thought leader in community
About USA TODAY NETWORK:
The USA TODAY NETWORK is the largest local to national media network in the country. Powered by integrated and award-winning news organizations with deep roots in 92 local communities, plus USA TODAY, the multiplatform news network informs and engages more than 100 million people every month through its diverse portfolio of digital, mobile, and publishing products. To connect with us, visit http://www.gannett.com
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.
Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Connect with us on LinkedIn
Back to top