Marketing Client Strategist - Key Account Advertising
Marketing Client Strategist – Key Account Advertising
Gannett Wisconsin Media, PART OF THE USA TODAY NETWORK, including the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, is seeking a Client Strategist for the management of integrated marketing solutions, media planning, digital and mobile solutions, research, analysis, ad concepts, creative solutions and strategy based on market specific industry and core customer information for specified clients; taking the gathered information in combination with audience based selling principles and applying it to recommendations such clients in the form of data, ad design, digital and creative solutions and sales presentations to grow and/or maintain existing revenue and drive measurable results.
The Client Strategist will work together with key account advertising sales executives to build integrated marketing client solutions proposals to achieve annual segment, market share and incremental revenue growth targets. The Client Strategist along with key account executives will manage pipeline development performing necessary research needs analysis within specific industries and compile core customer information for specified key account segments.
In the role, you will:
- Work in tandem with account executives, digital specialists and account managers to build a continuous pipeline of sales prospects and building strategies to maximize revenue potential within designated segment for local market.
- Collaborate with advertising sales, insights & research and B2B marketing teams to understand client business needs to include client meetings to identify advertiser’s needs, utilize research and data to create compelling recommendations and aid in the development of creative execution of marketing campaigns.
- Perform in-depth analysis of data to identify opportunities to increase market share and incorporate knowledge of local market and Gannett suite of products, especially digital, mobile, and DMS solutions.
- Fully understands audience based selling principles including how to apply audience analysis and knowledge in conjunction with research data for creative execution and overall strategy. Prepares and leads client presentations and/or proposals to include research and analysis data as needed.
- Develops sales development training programs as well as research-based data for the advertising sales team.
- Works closely with Insights & Research teams to utilize local and national research tools and programs to compile and analyze data.
- Builds presentations and presents information, research, ad concepts or other elements to clients.
- Develops and grows relationships with key assigned advertising clients.
- Produces creative briefs and works with creative teams on message development.
Here is what you need:
- Bachelor’s Degree in marketing, business or related field.
- Strategic marketing, media planning, digital marketing, market research and/or sales management experience.
- Solid sales management understanding.
- Highly proficient in digital media & digital marketing solutions and how advertisers can utilize digital marketing to drive results for their businesses.
- Organizational and project management skills.
- Solid background in market research and application.
- Considered a thought-leader in digital/social media marketing and stays current on digital marketing trends.
- Ability to pull and analyze research and develop effective marketing presentations.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, Excel and superior PowerPoint (or similar) presentations skills.
- Must be organized and have exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Strategic marketing professional with superior relationship management skills, and well-developed problem-solving skills.
- Previous advertising agency experience preferred.
About USA TODAY NETWORK:
The USA TODAY NETWORK is the largest local to national media network in the country. Powered by integrated and award-winning news organizations with deep roots in 92 local communities, plus USA TODAY, the multiplatform news network informs and engages more than 100 million people every month through its diverse portfolio of digital, mobile, and publishing products. To connect with us, visit http://www.gannett.com/
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.
Back to top