Market Development - Customer Care Agent I
Description The Customer Service Representative is responsible for maintaining a professional and satisfied relationship with internal and external customers by providing product and service troubleshooting while educating about the features and benefits of their purchase/subscription. Customer Service Representative utilizes listening skills to determine customer issues or needs, and uses interpersonal skills and call control techniques to complete each call with a positive resolution in a one-call resolution environment. Provides information to aid customers with purchasing decisions such as upgrades and EZ-Pay conversions; soliciting donations for Newspaper in Education, Nursing Home, Meals on Wheels or Vacation Paks; improving subscriber retention through Stop Saver programs; and accurately inputting complete subscriber information (address changes, email addresses, subscription payments, complaints, starts, stops, and vacation requests) into the GICS system. The agent is responsible for achieving assigned goals.
1. Handles customer calls and troubleshoots technical issues in a professional, efficient, and effective manner. Provides information needed to make a purchasing decision regarding their account including: promotion of current sales programs and initiatives; EZ-Pay payment options; increases in frequency of delivery; and Vacation Options such as NIE donations or Vac Paks.
2. Accurately enter subscriber data into GICS, updating information as necessary (i.e. address changes; email addresses; subscription payments; complaints; starts; stops; vacation requests).
3. Maintain a thorough understanding of the products and services supported by the GCSC.
4. Follow-up with subscribers to ensure resolution of concern or request. This may include communication via phone, email, or other means and is done in a timely and professional manner.
5. Maintain schedule adherence and be able to react to change productively and handle other essential tasks as assigned.
Requirements Job Requirements:
- Minimum of 6-12 months customer service/call center experience required; college coursework and sales experience a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with internal and external customers.
- Basic typing, telephone, and computer skills required. Technical aptitude in Windows, Internet Browsers and email.
- The agent must be capable of demonstrating good verbal communication skills with internal and external customers.
- Must demonstrate good time management and organizational skills through past performance.
- Ability to coordinate several tasks simultaneously
- Flexibility to commit to a work schedule that involves late evenings and weekends
Connect with us on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Glassdoor, Indeed & The Muse to learn more about our dynamic company culture!
Meet Some of Gannett's Employees
Sr. Designer, Product
Marianne designs the visual interface for digital applications at Gannett. She ensures news readers around the world have the most engaging and intuitive experience possible.
Back to top