We are seeking a new Managing Editor to help lead our incredible team of writers, photographers, and video producers in our mission to help people buy the best products. As the head of day-to-day editorial operations, you must be a consummate people manager as well as a strong writer and editor. You’re a master of tactics, resource allocation, and time management. You lead by example to effectively motivate staff to unite around goals. You can respond creatively to challenging situations and adapt in a highly dynamic atmosphere.
This position oversees all editorial content produced by our team of full-time and freelance staff. You’ll report to the head of editorial and be a close part of the senior management team, having strong input into strategic decisions. You’ll work closely with our Senior Scientist to ensure that testing and editorial are aligned. You’ll also develop and foster key relationships within the USA TODAY Network to help distribute our content across the 100+ news organizations in our family.
This is a full-time position in our Cambridge, MA office. Because we frequently travel to trade shows and press events, there is opportunity to travel throughout the year.
- Oversee editorial operations for the organization, ensuring both the quality and reliability of the daily production schedule
- Write and edit daily content
- Align content with strategic vision in regards to mission, audience, and revenue KPIs
- Build a positive, productive, and responsive team environment in which all members are put in a position to succeed
- Identify and capitalize on new opportunities to improve workflows
- Guide content strategies as we expand into new categories
- Build and optimize freelance network
Qualifications & Skills
- Proven experience leading successful teams of content producers in a fast-paced environment (5+ years recommended)
- Exceptional editing skills, with an eye for layout and design
- Exceptional people skills: someone who can empathize, motivate, and inspire
- Strong writing skills
- Ability to recognize and address staff issues and workflow impediments early in their development
- Comprehensive knowledge of digital publishing environments
The majority of work takes place in an open floor plan office, with several smaller meeting rooms and test labs throughout the building. You’re expected to be accessible to the team throughout the day via face-to-face communication, email, phone, and Slack. Occasional-to-frequent travel may be required to meet with other teams in the USA TODAY Network and to cover news and events.
Compensation & Benefits
We offer competitive compensation and a solid benefits package, including health dental, matching 401k, PTO, and much more.
As a part of Reviewed.com, you’ll also have a first look at cutting edge tech and great new products.
Buying stuff is easy. Buying the right thing is hard. That’s where we can help. Reviewed.com brings consumers the most scientific and trustworthy reviews available, written by our team of experts. We believe that tough, objective reviews are the best way to analyze products. We provide readers with insightful, practical, and entertaining stories that help them make informed decisions.
Back to top