Manager, Social Media Marketing
Social Media Manager, USA TODAY Network
The Social Media Manager will be the representative for social media for national brands at the USA TODAY NETWORK. The Manager will be essential for managing social campaigns and collaborating with sales. The Social Media Manager will be the liaison between marketing, sales and editorial. This person will be responsible for USA TODAY’s social media brand presence. He/she should have strong editorial/news judgement and a good understanding of how news brands, and especially the USA TODAY newsroom, manage social posts, voice and content. This position is responsible for social media reporting, including campaign and brand/competitive stats. The position reports into the VP, Strategic Marketing and is based at Gannett Headquarters in McLean, Virginia.
- Drive social media strategy for USA TODAY and best practices for product development and optimization.
- Oversee social media implementation and monitor/track performance of social media aspects throughout product lifecycle.
- Stay abreast of latest social media platforms, tools, and services, enabling an environment for experimentation.
- Maintain and continue to grow the voice for USA TODAY on social media platforms that increase exposure to and engagement with the USA TODAY brand amongst new audiences.
- Actively participate in communication with site visitors and audiences outside of USA TODAY about new developments in social media, product development or other relevant areas.
- Evaluate and consult on sales and branded content social campaign pitches
- Liaison between sales, branded content and editorial for social campaign publishing
- Execute social campaigns and activations with brand marketing and creative team for USA TODAY tent pole and house campaigns
- Work with social agency to brainstorm and develop content campaigns for USA TODAY and other national network brands
- Assist audience acquisition director in managing social paid campaigns
- Report on weekly and monthly social stats, for brand and competitive analysis
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or related field required with 5 years prior experience in online media, analytics or marketing capacity, with 3-5 years of experience in Social Media.
- Must be a creative problem-solver with strong organizations skills.
- Expertise and demonstrated success with search engine marketing (SEM), social media and digital marketing.
- Highly analytical and quantitative, with excellent business acumen.
- Strong relationship and consensus building skills to work across all platforms and departments.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Positive, can-do attitude and entrepreneurial approach.
Meet Some of Gannett's Employees
Sr. Designer, Product
Marianne designs the visual interface for digital applications at Gannett. She ensures news readers around the world have the most engaging and intuitive experience possible.
Back to top