Major Account Development Representative
Generates revenue by developing market potential through forecasting, lead generation, qualification, and closing sales; recommending new products and services that will help our business partners grow their business and reach their marketing goals.
Account Sales Representative Job Duties:
- Identifies market potential by qualifying accounts.
- Initiates sales process by scheduling appointments; making initial presentation; understanding account requirements. Use tools to prepare for the first call and set the expectation that we are the market leader in media.
- Closes sales by building rapport with potential account; explaining product and service capabilities and how they link to client’s objectives; preparing contracts.
- Play fundamental role in setting up new businesses; take responsibility for the effective on-boarding of new customers.
- Give up-to-date information relating to customer activities.
- Expands sales in existing accounts by introducing new products and services; developing new applications.
- Contributes information to market strategy by monitoring competitive products and reactions from accounts.
- Recommends new products and services by evaluating current product results; identifying needs to be filled.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
- Accomplishes marketing and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
Account Sales Representative Skills and Qualifications:
- Presentation skills, internal communication, informing others, verbal communication, closing skills, motivation for sales, sales planning, territory management, prospecting skills, persistence and meeting sales goals.
- Experience in multiple market proposals and execution a must. BS in business or marketing a plus.
- 5+ years of b2b sales experience required.
- Media experience is a plus but not a requirement.
USA TODAY NETWORK is one of the top 20digital companies in the country, sharing the list with Google, Facebook, andAmazon. We have over 100 million unique visitors a month. This loyal andlarge-scale following is based on a combination of trusted, fact-checkedjournalism, paired with a deep commitment to helping our local communities, andconstantly pushing our content delivery to be first-of-its-kind in thetech-space. And with over 110 local properties and USA TODAY at the helm,you’ll have the luxury of living in a community you love while making anational impact.
Meet Some of Gannett's Employees
Sr. Designer, Product
Marianne designs the visual interface for digital applications at Gannett. She ensures news readers around the world have the most engaging and intuitive experience possible.
Back to top