Mailroom - Inserter III
The Courier-Post Newspaper, a Gannett Company and part of the USA TODAY NETWORK, is seeking a Mailroom Inserter to work with the packaging department for production of daily newspaper packages and other products.
In this role, you will:
- Set-up and load the inserting, sticky note, and stitch and trim machine to allow for maximum efficiencies
- Set-up and run commercial and newsprint stackers, utilizing different bucket sizes.
- Jog and stack publications onto carts, pallets or conveyors.
- Count, strap, and palletize bundles of product for distribution according to manifest draws, bundle keys, or pallet tags.
Here’s what you need:
- Excellent problem solving and basic math skills.
- Minimum of two years of experience in newspaper packaging department required
- Excellent people skills. Must be able to work well and constantly communicate (both written and verbally).
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment and meet all deadlines.
- Must be able to operate and have solid understanding of all material handling equipment including forklifts, clamp trucks, walk behind lifts, pallet jacks, etc.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
- Must be able to repeatedly and for long periods of time lift and load stacks of insert products into packaging machinery.
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.
Connect with us on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Glassdoor, Indeed & The Muse to learn more about our dynamic company culture!
Meet Some of Gannett's Employees
Sr. Designer, Product
Marianne designs the visual interface for digital applications at Gannett. She ensures news readers around the world have the most engaging and intuitive experience possible.
Back to top