Local/Retail Advertising - Sales Executive Key/Auto I
The USA TODAY Network is a next-generation media company that empowers communities to connect, act, and thrive. With an unparalleled local-to-national reach, we successfully connect consumers, communities and businesses. With the iconic USA TODAY, 92 strong local media organizations in 33 states and Guam, and with more than 160 local news brands online in the U.K., we provide rich content through hundreds of outstanding affiliated digital, mobile and print products. Our goal is to re-imagine our traditional media roots by creating innovative products and services that leverage our role as an information provider and reach our customers whenever and wherever. Explore the possibilities as an Account Executive, Automotive with The News Journal Newspaper.
The Account Executive, Auto is responsible for selling multi-media advertising solutions to the very critical large local business sector with local or regional decision makers. The primary responsibility is to grow market share within a designated account list through the combination of acquiring new business and increasing current client spend while increasing client satisfaction.
In this role, you will:
- Meets or exceeds revenue expectations.
- Maintains and grows account base.
- Develops and delivers ideas/solutions to grow market share within an existing customer base.
- Delivers and obtains long-term commitments and campaigns.
- Develops an understanding of the customer’s individual business needs, trends and patterns within specific verticals.
- Sells print and digital business offerings, demonstrates an understanding of these products and is able to articulate our products and their value propositions to customers.
- Utilizes a CRM system to manage day-to-day activities – stays abreast of details that require urgent attention.
- Partners with the sales support on day-to-day activities within account base. Works with all internal departments and vertical specialists. Works with Digital Specialist to identify and communicate opportunities as it relates to new business and existing accounts.
- Increases market share by gaining new business and growing existing client base through aggressive phone sales to include up—sells, appointment setting and cold calls with customers and/or potential customers.
Here’s what you need:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education/experience and/or training.
- A minimum of 2-3+ years of demonstrated and documented successful digital sales experience selling Social Media, SEO, PPC, Email and Website development.
- Proficient in face-to-face sales including up-selling, appointment setting and cold calling.
- Strong understanding of digital media platforms.
- Ability to effectively articulate product value proposition to customer.
- Strong communication, negotiation and influencing skills (both written and oral
- Strong Microsoft Office skills: Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
About USA TODAY NETWORK:
The USA TODAY NETWORK is the largest local to national media network in the country. Powered by integrated and award-winning news organizations with deep roots in 92 local communities, plus USA TODAY, the multiplatform news network informs and engages more than 100 million people every month through its diverse portfolio of digital, mobile, and publishing products. To connect with us, visit http://www.gannett.com/
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.
Meet Some of Gannett's Employees
Sr. Designer, Product
Marianne designs the visual interface for digital applications at Gannett. She ensures news readers around the world have the most engaging and intuitive experience possible.
Back to top