Local/Retail Advertising - Paginator II
Argus Leader Media, a Gannett Co., Inc. and member of the USA TODAY NETWORK, is looking for Pagination Specialist to join our digital first team. This individual is responsible for electronically planning and paginating classified sections of the newspaper as well as editing and flow of real estate and auto Wave 2 ads. In addition to pagination, incumbent is responsible for digital ad order and fulfillment.
In this role, you will:
- Electronically plan and paginate classified sections. Work with employees from advertising and production department to meet deadlines. Responsible for determining the optimum size of classified sections to maintain advertisement placement, color positions and page count.
- Generate pagination reports as needed. Process and track paperwork associated with pagination output and verify accurate ad placement and content. Maintain and update classified pagination manuals with new information as priorities and rules change.
- Schedule digital orders into Order Hub.
- Schedule and process legal advertising and affidavits daily as needed.
- Schedule and edit WAVE 2 ad entries provided directly from real estate and auto clients. Archive production files, layouts and special sections.
- General clerical duties to support other departments in meeting established goals. Help coordinate and communicate color ad information to other team members and production. Establish, coordinate and distribute holiday production deadlines and maintain production calendar.
- Serve as back-up to advertising operations team members and handle other task as assigned.
- Work in a professional and courteous manner with customers along with co-workers and others in the building. Contribute to a positive and constructive atmosphere and work to make the department and newspaper more effective.
Here’s what you need:
- High school diploma required
- Associates Degree or similar experience
- Strong computer skills
- Good typing skills and basic math skills
- Excellent communication, organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work well with others and to follow through with close attention to detail
- Works well under deadlines while performing multiple tasks
- Consistent interaction working with a diverse group of people
- Ability to troubleshoot, resolve problems and answer questions
- Experience with AdBooker, PGL (Page Layout), CCI News Access, InDesign, G3, Word/Excel, Wave2, Layout 8000, POET
Here’s what we have to offer:
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive Health, Dental and Vision coverage
- Life Insurance
- 401(K) Saving Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Company Holidays
- Paid Time Off to Volunteer in the Community
- Employee Discount Program
Argus Leader Media, a Gannett Co., Inc. and member of the USA TODAY NETWORK, is part of the Gannett Co. an international media and marketing solutions company that informs and engages more than 100 million people every month through its powerful network of broadcast, digital, mobile and publishing properties. We offer a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package that includes a 401(k) plan.
About USA TODAY NETWORK:
The USA TODAY NETWORK is the largest local to national media network in the country. Powered by integrated and award-winning news organizations with deep roots in 92 local communities, plus USA TODAY, the multiplatform news network informs and engages more than 100 million people every month through its diverse portfolio of digital, mobile, and publishing products. To connect with us, visit http://www.gannett.com/
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.
Meet Some of Gannett's Employees
Sr. Designer, Product
Marianne designs the visual interface for digital applications at Gannett. She ensures news readers around the world have the most engaging and intuitive experience possible.
Back to top