Local/Retail Advertising - Account Executive III
Lancaster Eagle-Gazette Media in Lancaster, Ohio, is looking for connected, social-media savvy, high-energy, hyper-productive individuals who devour advertising media and want to be part of a dynamic sales team as an Automotive Account Executive!
The Lancaster Eagle-Gazette is part of the Media Network of Central Ohio (MNCO) and is a premier media placement company. Our specialties include: Digital Marketing, Newspaper Advertising, SEO/SEM, Targeted Online Display and Mobile Advertising, Social Media, Consultative Sales Approach, Audience Based Selling and Niche Publications. Lancaster Eagle-Gazette is owned by Gannett Co. Inc. Gannett is a leading media and marketing company with unparalleled local-to-national reach, successfully connecting consumers, communities and businesses. With the iconic USA TODAY, 92 strong local media organizations in 33 states and Guam, and with more than 160 local news brands online in the U.K., we provide rich content through hundreds of outstanding affiliated digital, mobile and print products.
The Automotive Account Executive will provide a high level of service, maintain and grow digital and print revenue while developing and closing new business prospects in the defined automotive category. Reporting to the Automotive Sales Manager, the Automotive Account Executive will support the team’s established sales goals by selling the entire portfolio of digital and print products offered by Media Network of Central Ohio. Available position will work out of our Lancaster office.
The successful candidate for this position will possess the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Communications or Marketing and/or 2+ years of proven sales experience (media sales preferred).
- Excellent sales, communications, social media and computer proficiency, ability to learn and demonstrate complex media solutions for interactive and print advertising.
- Self-motivated, goal-oriented, and well-organized professional.
- Cold calling experience and development of sales strategies a plus.
Summary of responsibilities and expectations:
- Acquire new business revenue through prospecting, cold-calling, and consultative sales presentations.
- Effectively communicate, through written presentation and verbal skills, the advertising benefits of Media products. Prepare and present comprehensive advertising proposals with schedule and spec ads.
- Provide clients with cost estimates of advertising products and services; address all client requests in a timely and professional manner.
- Prepare and process all correspondence and paperwork related to accounts and maintain up-to-date customer records available for you and management, with the assistance of team coordinators.
- Regular communications with sales management team to provide information regarding business developments, opportunities, and risks within the sales territory.
- Attend sales meetings, training seminars and relevant industry trade shows to gather information, promote products, expand network of contacts, and increase knowledge base.
- Passionately present our audience-based sales approach to current and existing customers throughout Media Network of Central Ohio
- Maintain a professional appearance and positive attitude.
Media Network of Central Ohio Specialties:
Digital Marketing, Consultative Sales Approach, Audience Based Selling, Niche Publications, Newspaper Advertising, SEO/SEM, Social Media, Online Display Advertising
Here’s what we have to offer:
The Lancaster Eagle-Gazette and Gannett offers the opportunity to be part of a dynamic, customer-focused and digitally driven organization. We are an established local brand with a range of resources and customer solutions that no one in our market can match. In partnership with Gannett, our parent company, we offer trusted brands, which allow our customers to connect and engage with audiences in new and innovative ways.
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive Health, Dental and Vision coverage
- Life Insurance
- 401(K) Saving Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Company Holidays
- Paid Time Off to Volunteer in the Community
- Employee Discount Program
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a next-generation media company committed to strengthening communities across our network. Through trusted, compelling content and unmatched local-to-national reach, Gannett touches the lives of nearly 100 million people monthly. With more than 110 markets internationally, it is known for Pulitzer Prize-winning newsrooms, powerhouse brands such as USA TODAY and specialized media properties. To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.
Connect with us on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Glassdoor, Indeed & The Muse to learn more about our dynamic company culture!
Meet Some of Gannett's Employees
Sr. Designer, Product
Marianne designs the visual interface for digital applications at Gannett. She ensures news readers around the world have the most engaging and intuitive experience possible.
Back to top