Inside Sales Representative
The Gannett DESC (Digital Employment Sales Center), located in downtown Indy, is seeking Inside Sales Representatives to join our growing team of recruitment industry experts who sell recruitment advertising solutions to small-to-midsize businesses across the country. With an assigned book of business, you will manage the entire sales process from prospecting to close using consultative methods. Our highly-driven and motivated business development professionals are empowered to support each other in ensuring that we all exceed goals and deliver maximum results to our clients.
What You’ll Do:
- Building and maintaining a healthy pipeline to achieve and exceed monthly quota
- Uncovering client needs, offering appropriate solutions, negotiating price and closing accounts on the phone
- Attaining a minimum of 100% of assigned revenue goal monthly through a high level of business development activity (40-50 outbound calls daily and other KPI’s)
- Moving customer or prospect towards commitment and closing deals while exceeding customer expectations
- Conducting tailored, web-based presentations of Careerbuilder.com products over the phone with clients
- Managing the creation of print display ads in Gannett newspapers
- Growing existing client base and generating new revenue
What We Offer: We want the best people to join us here at the DESC, and we offer a competitive compensation plan for our employees:
- Compensation plan—$30,000 base salary with $6,000 earnings increase potential in base pay within your first 6 months! An additional incentive to earn $22,500 at goal – totaling over $58,000! Our comp plan is uncapped—star performers earn more than $65,000 per year!
- Comprehensive benefits plan including health, dental and vision
- 401(k) program with employer match
- An excellent 3-week+ new hire training program and ongoing coaching and training designed to improve your sales ability and make you a recruitment industry solutions expert
- Career path opportunities with a growing organization
- Casual dress code
- 18 days paid holidays and ample time off
What You’ll Bring: We are seeking highly motivated self-starters who are able to resourcefully multitask in a fast paced and challenging environment. You must be driven to grow professionally and possess the aptitude to become a recruitment industry expert, gaining industry knowledge of the online recruitment industry and customers’ industries, while gaining an understanding of human capital and best practices. Ideal candidates are hungry to learn and develop their skills, possessing a mentality to uncover opportunities that fit our solutions.
Other job requirements include:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of training and sales experience
- At least 1 – 2 years of inside sales or related experience
- 2 – 5 years of consultant sales and business development experience, preferred
- Previous experience with business-to-business Cold Calling
- Previous experience in the recruiting industry, a plus
- Working knowledge of Salesforce.com, a plus
Company Overview – Gannett DESC (Digital Employment Sales Center) Gannett DESC (Digital Employment Sales Center) is a team of specialized business-to-business inside sales professionals that helps employers across the country maximize their recruiting efforts. Our employees are recruitment industry experts with a passion and drive for helping our clients gain access to the most talented pool of job candidates to fill their open positions.
The DESC is a department of Gannett, one of the largest newspaper publishers in the United States with more than 110 newspaper brands with corresponding websites. Gannett newspapers range from small to large markets with many well-known newspapers ranging from the USA Today, the Indianapolis Star, the Cincinnati Enquirer, and the Tennessean
Meet Some of Gannett's Employees
Sr. Designer, Product
Marianne designs the visual interface for digital applications at Gannett. She ensures news readers around the world have the most engaging and intuitive experience possible.
Back to top