Insert Machine/Bindery Operator II
Insert Machine/Bindery Operator
Gannett Publishing Services
Under the direction of packaging management & supervisors—the Packaging Operator II is assigned to perform post press related packaging tasks that may include, but are not limited to: Product staging; equipment set-up; and basic operation of: Inserters, joggers, conveyors, stackers, folders, strappers, bottom wrap machines, loaders, printers, address labelers, adhesive advertising applicators, scales, pallet jacks, and fork trucks, Additional duties include assisting with general work center maintenance.
The primary objective is to support efficient production operations as needed to achieve & maintain on-time production, product quality standards, low waste, and operational safety.
- Report to scheduled shifts on-time and ready to begin work
- Work as a team to achieve & maintain on-time press performance
- Work as a team to achieve & maintain product quality standards
- Work as a team to meet waste goals
- Assist with packaging center operations & oversight as assigned
- May provide hands-on support for the following shift functions:
- Shift make ready: Verification of workstation resources
- Equipment set-up & basic operation may include: Inserters,
joggers, conveyors, stackers, folders, strappers, bottom wrap machines,
loaders, printers, address labelers, adhesive advertising applicators, scales, pallet jacks, and fork trucks
- General packaging maintenance includes—but is not limited to: Equipment blowdown, sweeping floors, and packaging related materials disposal
- Packaging Operator training & develop support
- Always work in a safe manner, and consistently utilize required safety equipment
- Complete required annual OSHA safety training programs: Lockout/Tagout, HazComm, Personal Protective Equipment, Hearing
Conservation, Blood borne Pathogen, Forklift
- Ensure all machine safety-guards are installed, functioning properly, and in use
- Constant housekeeping to maintain neat and organized work spaces
- Promote top-of-mind safety awareness
- Immediately report all operational concerns and/or potential safety hazards to the shift supervisor and/or packaging management
- Immediately report all injuries to the shift supervisor and/or packaging management
- Provide timely & accurate information to the shift supervisor as required
- Immediately report equipment issues
- Communicate scheduling needs to supervisors and/or packaging management
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.
Connect with us on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Glassdoor, Indeed & The Muse to learn more about our dynamic company culture!
Meet Some of Gannett's Employees
Sr. Designer, Product
Marianne designs the visual interface for digital applications at Gannett. She ensures news readers around the world have the most engaging and intuitive experience possible.
Back to top