HR Business Partner III
SR. HUMAN RESOURCES BUSINESS PARTNER
Gannett Co., Inc. seeks a Sr. Human Resources Business Partner. This position supports multiple locations and their leadership teams in Wisconsin. Based in Appleton, this position will work with a team of HR Business Partners to support all of Wisconsin, with primary responsibilities for 10 markets in Wisconsin: Appleton, Green Bay, Manitowoc, Sheboygan, Fond du Lac, Oshkosh, Wausau, Stevens Point, Wisconsin Rapids, and Marshfield. In addition to the markets with a daily media presence, responsibilities will also include a small group of weekly papers in Door County, Action Printing, a commercial printing facility in Fond du Lac, and two production facilities in Appleton and Wausau.
- Be a trusted advisor, thoughtful sounding board and business partner to senior leaders and their teams, functioning as the expert of people and organizational issues.
- Provide leadership and expertise for the full scope of Human Resources functions including all aspects of recruitment, employee engagement, coaching and development, policy administration, performance management, and employee relations.
- Help lead clients through the continuing evolution/transformation of our organization.
- Involved in driving HR strategies and supporting change management and productively supporting employees through change.
- Work with leaders and employees to establish and maintain a positive work environment, which encourages the full use of diverse talents and abilities.
- Provide excellent customer service; have outstanding interpersonal and conflict resolutions skills.
- Prepare deliverables and reports accurately within a deadline driven environment.
- Effectively manage multiple projects and several tasks simultaneously.
- Bachelor’s degree with a concentration in Human Resources or equivalent. Master’s degree or HR certification is preferred.
- A minimum of seven years’ experience as an HR generalist required.
- A working knowledge of local, state and federal employment laws and multi-level recruitment experience.
- Demonstrated human resources experience, with emphasis on recruiting, training and employee relations.
- Excellent time management and communication skills; must be detail oriented.
- Proficient knowledge/ability with Microsoft Office Applications.
- Must be able to demonstrate professional presentation and conflict resolution skills.
- The ability to react productively to change and effectively multi-task is critical.
- Ability to prepare deliverables and reports accurately within time deadlines.
- Experience working within a production environment is a plus.
- Experience working in an information/publishing/media field is a plus.
- Strong ethical standards and integrity are a must.
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a next-generation media company committed to strengthening communities across our network. Through trusted, compelling content and unmatched local-to-national reach, Gannett touches the lives of nearly 100 million people monthly. With more than 110 markets internationally, it is known for Pulitzer Prize-winning newsrooms, powerhouse brands such as USA TODAY and specialized media properties. To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.
Back to top