HR Business Partner
The Arizona Daily Star a Gannett Co., Inc. company is seeking a HR Business Partner with experience in serving multi-layered, complex organizations. This professional will support the HR needs of the largest media organization in southern Arizona in achieving operational goals and implementing employee development programs. The HR Business Partner will coordinate recruitment and retention initiatives, and training opportunities and maintain effective employee relations. They also will serve as a liaison to the Gannett and Lee Enterprises corporate teams regarding benefit questions and processes. The HR Business Partner must be able to provide quality human resource products and services that are responsive to and aligned with the business strategy. Successful candidate must have the capability and flexibility to work with a diverse group of employees. This is an HR Generalist position that will be instrumental in facilitating an employee-oriented, high performance workplace culture. The position will reside in Tucson, AZ and report to the Publisher as a member of the senior leadership team.
- Be a trusted advisor, thoughtful sounding board and business partner to frontline employees and managers.
- Provide leadership and guidance for the full scope of Human Resources functions including employee engagement, coaching and development, policy administration, performance management, and employee relations.
- Help lead clients through the continuing evolution/transformation of our organization.
- Drive HR strategies and support change management and productively support employees through change.
- Work with leaders and employees to establish and maintain a positive work environment which encourages the full use of diverse talents and abilities.
- Prepare deliverables and reports accurately within a deadline driven environment.
- Strong ethical standards and integrity are a must.
- Bachelor’s degree with a concentration in Human Resources or equivalent. Master’s degree or HR certification is preferred.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience as an HR generalist required.
- A working knowledge of local, state and federal laws regarding employment, wage and hours, OSHA and related laws.
- Demonstrated human resources experience, with emphasis on recruiting, talent development and employee relations
- Proficient knowledge/ability with Microsoft Office Applications
- Experience working in an information/publishing/media field a plus.
Here’s what we have to offer:
We offer a competitive salary and career growth opportunities. We also offer you a comprehensive benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term disability, long-term disability, Paid Time Off, Company Paid Holidays, employee discount program and domestic partner benefits. Our 401(k) is topnotch and contributions you make, up to the first 5% eligible for a 100% Company match!
The Arizona Daily Star in Tucson, Arizona is the only local newspaper covering local breaking news. It has a tradition of serving the residents of Southern Arizona for over a century. As the home of the University of Arizona, Tucson also is rich in cultural diversity and a commitment to educational excellence.
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a next-generation media company committed to strengthening communities across our network. Through trusted, compelling content and unmatched local-to-national reach, Gannett touches the lives of nearly 100 million people monthly. With more than 110 markets internationally, it is known for Pulitzer Prize-winning newsrooms, powerhouse brands such as USA TODAY and specialized media properties. To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.
Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Connect with us on LinkedIn
Back to top