HR Business Partner
Gannett is a next-generation media company that empowers communities to connect, act, and thrive. With an unparalleled local-to-national reach, we successfully connect consumers, communities and businesses. With the iconic USA TODAY, 109 strong local media organizations in 33 states and Guam, and with more than 160 local news brands online in the U.K., we provide rich content through hundreds of outstanding affiliated digital, mobile and print products. Our goal is to re-imagine our traditional media roots by creating innovative products and services that leverage our role as an information provider and reach our customers whenever and wherever. Explore the possibilities as an Human Resources Business Partner and help us tell our story.
Gannett Inc. is seeking an HR Business Partner with experience in serving multi-layered, complex organizations. This professional will support the HR needs of a regional group of media properties in achieving operational goals. The Business Partner will coordinate retention initiatives and maintain effective employee relations. The successful individual must be able to have the capability and flexibility to work with a diverse group of employees. This role is instrumental in facilitating an employee oriented and high performance workplace culture. The position reports to the Regional HR Business Partner.
Here’s what you need:
- Requires a college degree with 5 years generalist experience in a large corporation
- Media industry experience a plus
- Strong knowledge base and prior experience as an HRBP
- General knowledge of employment laws and practices
- Ability to quickly adapt to and embrace new technology
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment
- Outstanding communication skills
- Strong customer focus and effective use of consultative approach with clients
- Ability to troubleshoot and problem solve complex issues with minimum guidance
Meet Some of Gannett's Employees
Sr. Designer, Product
Marianne designs the visual interface for digital applications at Gannett. She ensures news readers around the world have the most engaging and intuitive experience possible.
Back to top