The News Journal/delawareonline.com, a statewide news organization covering Delaware, and part of the USA TODAY NETWORK, has an immediate opening for a health reporter.
We’re looking for a passionate and versatile reporter to become the face and name people associate with healthy living in Delaware, covering the gamut of health and wellness with a focus on topics in the news and that post-boomers are interested in – diet, workouts, staying young and emerging trends.
- This journalist will have a proven track record and will research, report and write cover stories ranging from breaking news to lifestyle-oriented health section covers to longer enterprise narratives on A1.
- He or she should be able to create a fan base by informing and engaging readers on social media and video, as well as connecting with communities in the health world to mine for sources, stories and ways The News Journal can support community wellness.
- This reporter should be able to work on Health section stories and also be able to quickly turn around a breaking news story. The successful candidate will have a lot of their own ideas and be able to dive weekly into new areas and master them quickly, writing in a knowledgeable, smart and entertaining way with a variety of visual and story styles.
- He or she will report to the community content editor, but also work with other editors to contribute to the community’s well-being with the most impactful journalism.
- Strong organizational and time management skills and a competitive and collaborative spirit are musts.
Send resume and clips to Community Content Editor Betsy Price at [email protected] or apply to via our link.
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.
Connect with us on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Glassdoor, Indeed & The Muse to learn more about our dynamic company culture!
Meet Some of Gannett's Employees
Sr. Designer, Product
Marianne designs the visual interface for digital applications at Gannett. She ensures news readers around the world have the most engaging and intuitive experience possible.
Back to top