Group Sales Manager East Coast, Automotive
Gannett Co., Inc. is seeking a high-achieving, strategic, and results-oriented Group Manager of Automotive Sales, East who can provide inspiring leadership, implement best practices, drive results for clients, and grow revenue and market share.
The Group Manager of Automotive Sales, East will work closely with local sales leaders and teams across multiple markets to achieve digital and total revenue goals for the Automotive segment in aligned markets.
The ideal candidate has experience directing sales managers and working across multiple markets or with large sales organizations. The Group Manager of Automotive Sales, East must be able to identify and understand the Automotive customer base, the use of data/analytics and insights that are specific to the automotive customer (market share, inventory, audience targeting, etc.) market potential, develop and execute sales strategies and gain adoption of sales best practices.
Ideal candidates will also have significant sales experience with digital marketing products and services. Training, recruiting and developing an energetic, and committed world-class sales organization is a must. Candidate must be able to inspire change and lead aggressive transformation among our business units. This position requires extensive travel. Position reports to the Group Director of Automotive Sales.
- Ensure execution and adoption of strategies and best practices to increase digital and overall revenue growth and achieve budgeted goals.
- Work directly with sales teams in developing and closing opportunities and on customer visits, with responsibility to model desired behaviors, provide expertise, and directly drive revenue.
- Collaborate with Group Director of Automotive Sales and corporate partners to execute programs that foster world-class sales management behavior, development, and best practices.
- Coach and develop local market sales leaders and teams (including one-on-ones, professional development, etc.) to generate world class sales multiplatform results and ensure plans and best practices are implemented and tracked.
- Direct management of Auto sales executives on interim or permanent basis as needed.
- Work with local market site leaders and teams to ensure the development and execution of highly effective property, team, and individual sales plans and strategies, including affiliate partners (ex: cars.com)
- Collaborate with HR business partners to recruit site sales leaders and sophisticated sellers focused on sales revenue growth and digital transformation.
- Provide consultation in key areas including sales strategy, sales structure and realignment, product portfolio/packaging/pricing, etc., to assist in overall revenue performance improvement.
- Assist Group Director of Automotive Sales and local leadership in performance management actions when necessary.
- Identify sales growth opportunities, as well as market challenges, and work with local sales leadership to develop and implement innovative action plans.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, advertising or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Significant sales management experience in the Automotive space, with an understanding of the customer’s operation, decision-making, competitive environment, and needs. A track record with leading both sales managers and individual contributors is preferred.
- Minimum 5+ years’ sales management experience with a proven track record in building and significantly growing a $10M+ revenue business. Significant sales experience with digital marketing products and services.
- Worked in leading-edge organizations that have made a best-practices sales culture a top priority.
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a next-generation media company committed to strengthening communities across our network. Through trusted, compelling content and unmatched local-to-national reach, Gannett touches the lives of nearly 100 million people monthly. With more than 110 markets internationally, it is known for Pulitzer Prize-winning newsrooms, powerhouse brands such as USA TODAY and specialized media properties. To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.
Meet Some of Gannett's Employees
Sr. Designer, Product
Marianne designs the visual interface for digital applications at Gannett. She ensures news readers around the world have the most engaging and intuitive experience possible.
Back to top