Group Director of Sales-Nashville TN
Group Director Sales-Nashville, TN
Gannett Co., Inc. is seeking a high-achieving, strategic, and results-oriented Group Director of Sales who can provide inspiring leadership, implement best practices, drive results for clients, and grow revenue and market share. The Group Director of Sales will work closely with local sales leaders across multiple markets to achieve digital and total revenue goals. The ideal candidate has experience directing sales managers and working across multiple markets or with large sales organizations and has extensive experience in digital media and the larger enterprise solutions sale. The Group Director of Sales must be able to identify and understand market potential, develop and execute sales strategies and gain adoption of sales best practices. Ideal candidates will also have significant sales experience with digital marketing products and services. Training, recruiting and developing an energetic, and committed world class sales organization is a must. Candidate must be able to inspire change and lead aggressive transformation among our business units. This position requires extensive travel – upwards of 75% to our 3 Tennessee properties and will sit in Nashville
- Ensure execution and adoption of strategies and best practices to increase digital and overall revenue growth and achieve budgeted goals.
- Collaborate with Group Sales VP and corporate partners to develop programs that foster world-class sales management behavior, development, and best practices.
- Coach and develop local market sales leaders (including one-on-ones, professional development, etc.) to generate world class sales multiplatform results and ensure action plans and sales best practices are implemented and tracked.
- Work with local market site leaders to ensure the development and execution of highly effective property, team, and individual sales plans and strategies.
- Collaborate with HR business partners to recruit site sales leaders and sophisticated sales sellers focused on sales revenue growth and digital transformation.
- Provide consultation in key areas including sales strategy, sales structure and realignment, product portfolio/packaging/pricing, etc., to assist in overall revenue performance improvement.
- Drive performance management actions when necessary.
- Identify sales growth opportunities, as well as market challenges, and work with local sales leadership to develop and implement innovative action plans.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, advertising or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum 10+ years senior sales management experience with a proven track record in building and significantly growing a $25M+ revenue business. Significant sales experience with digital marketing products and services.
- Worked in leading-edge organizations that have made a best-practices sales culture a top priority.
- Demonstratable track record in successfully penetrating and growing business with large B2B accounts. Strong skills in integrating analytics, market insights, thought leadership, account planning and other “enterprise” best sales practices to create and execute successful growth strategies.
- Successfully led or was a significant contributor to a major sales transformation effort.
- Proven experience in building a strong sales leadership team that in turn recruited, coached, and developed an outstanding team of sales professionals.
- Thrives in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
- Enthusiastic and passionate, drives success through their direct reports as well as “influences” and works effectively in a matrix environment.
- Exceptional leadership skills and a proven agent for change.
- Strong preference for experience in managing and working across a large, multi-unit organization, with demonstrated ability to lead and manage in a matrix environment.
- Ability to interact well with all levels of personnel, including senior Group staff and Corporate executives.
- Excellent organizational, written and verbal communication skills.
Here’s what we have to offer:
We offer an extremely competitive compensation plan that rewards top performers and offers uncapped incentives, career growth opportunities and continuous training with a focus on becoming the best in sales. We also offer you a full benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term disability, long-term disability, employee discounts and domestic partner benefits. Our 401(k) is topnotch and contributions you make, up to the first 5% eligible for a 100% Company match!
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is an international media and marketing solutions company that informs and engages more than 100 million people every month through its powerful network of broadcast, digital, mobile and publishing properties. Our portfolio of trusted brands offers marketers unmatched local-to-national reach and customizable, innovative marketing solutions across any platform. Gannett is committed to connecting people – and the companies who want to reach them – with their interests and communities. For more information, visit www.gannett.com.
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.
Back to top