Golfweek is looking for a Graphic Designer responsible for developing design concepts, graphic designer for print and digital, and page design for production of Golfweek magazine. This position will partner with editorial, marketing and other Golfweek divisions, Publisher and various internal teams to create design materials, including magazines, print advertising, promotional pieces, posters, signage, banners, billboards, web banners, e-blasts as well as collateral materials for sales department.
In this role, you will:
- Manage and execute all design work for Golfweek, as well as collaborate with production staff, editorial staff, etc.
- Handle & manager multiple projects from concept through completion, working within scheduling requirements
- Manage graphic design requests and projects in order to maintain appropriate design levels as it pertains to:
- Golfweek Magazine special advertising sections
- Golfweek Magazines Best Courses guide and Annual publications
- Design/Create projects as needed for Golfweek magazine (College Reports, Advertorials, etc.)
- Define vision, direction and goals for projects from a design perspective
- Provide a consistent quality of work
Here’s what you need:
- Bachelor of Arts Degree with 5+ years’ experience in design
- Extensive experience in publication and advertising design including page layouts and information design
- Excellent organizational, inter-personal and communication skills
- Ability to work effectively on multiple projects, with front end and back end developers
- Mastery of Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign
- Experience collaborating with designers, copywriters, and freelancers
- Demonstrates a developed visual vocabulary (layout, typography, design)
- Ability to offer high quality illustration and photographic styles best suited to the brand/project
- Remarkable ability to self-edit good and bad ideas
- A keen interest in new technologies and conceives ways to incorporate into projects
- Online portfolio for review and assessment for conceptual and design abilities is required
- Conceptual and fundamental understanding of web design and the creative process from strategy to execution
- Ability to bring strategic concepts through execution of interactive experiences
- Familiar with HTML and the constraints involved in producing graphics for the web and other interactive media
Here’s what we have to offer:
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive Health, Dental and Vision coverage
- Life Insurance
- 401(K) Saving Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Company Holidays
- Paid Time Off to Volunteer in the Community
- Employee Discount Program
About USA TODAY NETWORK: The USA TODAY NETWORK is the largest local to national media network in the country. Powered by integrated and award-winning news organizations with deep roots in 92 local communities, plus USA TODAY, the multiplatform news network informs and engages more than 100 million people every month through its diverse portfolio of digital, mobile, and publishing products. To connect with us, visit http://www.gannett.com/
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.
Connect with us on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Glassdoor, Indeed & The Muse to learn more about our dynamic company culture!
Meet Some of Gannett's Employees
Sr. Designer, Product
Marianne designs the visual interface for digital applications at Gannett. She ensures news readers around the world have the most engaging and intuitive experience possible.
Back to top