General Manager, Deltastyle Magazine
DeltaStyle Louisiana’s must-read magazine for Northeast Louisiana, has an exciting opportunity for a dynamic leader to drive the magazine’s publication. Work in a fun creative environment building an exciting product that is a strong fiber in the community. This position requires an experienced manager to take charge of this magazine. Be an entrepreneur at heart, ready to move quickly and evolve the product’s strategic plan in reaction to changing business needs. The successful candidate will oversee sales, marketing, technology and operations groups for the product. The position is ultimately responsible for meeting audience and profit goals. Sets regular product goals and updates senior management regularly on performance. Manages business plans and has organizational visibility needed to execute the magazine. Deep proficiency with creative production.
In this role, you will:
- Responsible for profit/loss for the social commerce/daily deal product.
- Set strategy related to sales, marketing, partnerships and development.
- Direct the product brand, roadmap, strategy and evolution to create a winning experience for the product’s users and merchant partners.
- Build and manage the product’s team, including employees in local markets across the country.
- Develop short- and long-term product strategies and plans.
- Serve as product champion among all appropriate Gannett businesses, including USA TODAY, local newspapers and TV stations.
- Foster collaboration with national sales teams and local markets, making sure products are continually improved to best meet customer needs.
- Stay on top of both the day-to-day performance of the product as well as the big picture of where it needs to go.
- Serves as the Chief Advertising Executive and direct all print, digital, and mobile advertising sales functions.
- Analyzes marketplace and competition to determine the most effective pricing and sales strategies for increasing advertising revenue across multiple platforms.
- Develops creative strategies to maximize sales resources and optimize revenue development, including multi-platform product positioning and pricing for clients of all sizes.
- Work with key advertisers, which includes a large base of local and locally-controlled small businesses, to develop successful relationships; makes sales calls; and attends community and client events to further build customer partnerships and market growth.
- Recruit, motivate and develop energetic, creative and committed sales staff.
- Oversee all aspects of production and organization (magazine, web, marketing, etc.) and is responsible for the design, vision/direction of the product and the quality of the final creative work.
- Assist with direction of editorial content, along with Publisher/Editor, and assists the staff in implementation of these plans (helps schedule photographers and freelancers). Also attends photo shoots and meetings to ensure that the products needed are obtained.
- Design and delegate creative responsibilities to designers, but remains chief design director for magazine, website and marketing (including overseeing/designing monthly cover). Reviews and approves proofs of printed art and layout materials developed by staff members.
- Work closely with the marketing and advertising departments on programs for social media, cover layouts, special sections, etc.
Here’s what you need:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience, MBA a plus.
- Minimum five years supervisory/management experience in media or communications, preferably with profit/loss responsibility.
- Ten years product management experience, preferably in ecommerce, entertainment or local information product categories.
- Experience working with cross-functional teams including technology, product, business, content, marketing and sales.
- Public speaking experience or training preferred.
- Proficiency in MS Office required.
- Must be highly conversant in digital media.
- Experience with and/or passion for social commerce, daily deals and local businesses/experiences.
Here’s what we have to offer:
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive Health, Dental and Vision coverage
- Life Insurance
- 401(K) Saving Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Company Holidays
- Paid Time Off to Volunteer in the Community
- Employee Discount Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
About USA TODAY NETWORK:
The USA TODAY NETWORK is the largest local to national media network in the country. Powered by integrated and award-winning news organizations with deep roots in 92 local communities, plus USA TODAY, the multi-platform news network informs and engages more than 100 million people every month through its diverse portfolio of digital, mobile, and publishing products. To connect with us, visit http://www.gannett.com/
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.
Meet Some of Gannett's Employees
Sr. Designer, Product
Marianne designs the visual interface for digital applications at Gannett. She ensures news readers around the world have the most engaging and intuitive experience possible.
Back to top