Gannett’s East Region Finance Team seeks a Financial Analyst. This role is responsible for providing relevant, accurate and timely financial analysis in support of our business units. The Financial Analyst supports the Regional Finance Directors and business units as needed. The Financial Analyst will be integral in the continued development of standardized financial reports that can be used across all locations. The position will provide direct support to the hub and business units that includes, but is not limited to, weekly, quarterly and annual forecasting, annual budgeting, ad hoc analysis, revenue trending, and fulfillment of group and divisional requests. The Financial Analyst is proficient in both revenue analysis and financial performance analysis. This position is responsible for accurate and timely analytical reports and strong customer service both for the hub and the business unit.
- Develops relationships and provides support to the Regional Financial Analysis Manager, Regional Finance Directors, Finance Hub Vice President and staff at business units.
- Assists with the development and implementation of standardized analytical tools and reporting as well as ad hoc reporting when needed.
- Performs complex financial planning and analysis, including forecasting, annual budgeting, capital planning and ad hoc P&Ls.
- Fulfills group/divisional requests for the Regional Financial Analysis Manager and Regional Finance Director.
- Improves financial status by analyzing results and variances; identifying trends; recommending actions for improvement.
- Investigates variances to expected results and provides explanations.
- Provides information to management by assembling and summarizing data; preparing reports; making presentations of findings, analyses, and recommendations.
- Increases productivity by developing automated applications; eliminating duplications; coordinating information requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Business
- 4+ years of financial analysis experience
- Excellent interpersonal, planning, communication, organizational, problem solving, analytical, decision-making, and conflict resolution skills.
- Advanced knowledge of budgeting, accounting, modeling, systems, controls, and procedures. Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and controls.
- Ability to analyze financial information.
- Understanding of accounting applications as they relate to data processing systems.
- Experience with BPC, or a similar SAP system, is ideal. Must be able to learn and adapt to new technologies and systems quickly.
- Travel between Poughkeepsie and Westchester locations 3 times a week.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills.
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a next-generation media company committed to strengthening communities across our network. Through trusted, compelling content and unmatched local-to-national reach, Gannett touches the lives of nearly 100 million people monthly. With more than 110 markets internationally, it is known for Pulitzer Prize-winning newsrooms, powerhouse brands such as USA TODAY and specialized media properties. To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com
Back to top