Are you a Financial Analyst looking to take your career to the next level?
Come join the USA TODAY NETWORK, a top global digital media company, which reaches more than 100 million people monthly through a powerful network of mobile& publishing properties. Our goal is to re-imagine our traditional media roots. This is achieved by creating innovative products and services that leverage our role as an information provider and reach our customers whenever and wherever.
In this role, you will:
- Work closely with Regional Finance Director, and have responsibility for budgeting, forecasting, flashing and other analytical processes.
- Analyze departmental fiscal data, monthly, quarterly and annually. Included in your analysis is rate approvals, contract review, commission analysis, product analysis, P&L review and other ad hoc analysis.
- We are looking for you to apply fundamental fiscal concepts, prepare written and oral budgetary recommendations for implementation in department budgets.
- You will also assist departmental management staff and other members of the team in technical budgetary matters during budget hearings, finance meetings, and in the general preparation and administration of the budget.
- Prepare short and long range projections utilizing economic forecasting and financial analytic techniques to assess the impact of budget changes. For this work you will utilize current organization-wide and/or department specific software.
Here’s what you need:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with a major in Finance, Accounting, Economics or related field.
- One (1) year of full-time work experience in financial analysis, general accounting, cost accounting, economic analysis, systems analysis, or related area.
- Highly proficient in Excel spreadsheets and other computer applications/software to provide fiscal analysis.
- Reasonable knowledge of budgetary management and accounting principles, and procedures.
- Strong decision making abilities
- Ability to recognize and correct departures from budgetary practices and procedures.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced, deadline oriented environment, with the ability to initiate improvements in budgetary operations.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to be able prepare and present reports.
- Ability to perform standardized and statistical computations.
Here’s what we have to offer:
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive Health, Dental and Vision coverage
- Life Insurance
- 401(K) Saving Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Company Holidays
- Paid Time Off to Volunteer in the Community
- Employee Discount Program
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is an international media and marketing solutions company that informs and engages more than 100 million people every month through its powerful network of broadcast, digital, mobile and publishing properties. Our portfolio of trusted brands offers marketers unmatched local-to-national reach and customizable, innovative marketing solutions across any platform. Gannett is committed to connecting people – and the companies who want to reach them – with their interests and communities. For more information, visit www.gannett.com.
We offer an extremely competitive compensation plan that rewards top performers and offers uncapped incentives, career growth opportunities, continuous training with a focus on becoming the best in sales.
We also offer you a full benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term disability, long-term disability, employee discounts, 401(k) with company match and domestic partner benefits. We invite you to explore our Web site and take a closer look at who we are and what we offer.
We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.
Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Connect on LinkedIn
Back to top