The USA TODAY NETWORK’s Financial Shared Services Team is seeking a a Financial Analyst. This role is responsible for providing relevant, accurate and timely financial analysis in support of our business units. The Financial Analyst supports the Regional Finance Directors and business units as needed. The Financial Analyst will be integral in the continued development of standardized financial reports that can be used across all locations. The position will provide direct support to the hub and business units that includes, but is not limited to, weekly, quarterly and annual forecasting, annual budgeting, ad hoc analysis, revenue trending, and fulfillment of group and divisional requests. The Financial Analyst is proficient in both revenue analysis and financial performance analysis. This position is responsible for accurate and timely analytical reports and strong customer service both for the hub and the business unit. We have an energetic, fast-paced and collaborative work environment with a team devoted to results and success. If you’re looking for a rewarding challenge, this is the place to be!
In this role, you will:
- Develops relationships and provides support to the Regional Financial Analysis Manager, Regional Finance Directors, Finance Hub Vice President and staff at business units.
- Assists with the development and implementation of standardized analytical tools and reporting as well as ad hoc reporting when needed.
- Performs complex financial planning and analysis, including forecasting, annual budgeting, capital planning and ad hoc P&Ls.
- Fulfills group/divisional requests for the Regional Financial Analysis Manager and Regional Finance Director.
- Improves financial status by analyzing results and variances; identifying trends; recommending actions for improvement.
- Investigates variances to expected results and provides explanations.
- Provides information to management by assembling and summarizing data; preparing reports; making presentations of findings, analyses, and recommendations.
- Increases productivity by developing automated applications; eliminating duplications; coordinating information requirements.
Here’s what you need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Business
- 4+ years of financial analysis experience
- Excellent interpersonal, planning, communication, organizational, problem solving, analytical, decision-making, and conflict resolution skills
- Advanced knowledge of budgeting, accounting, modeling, systems, controls, and procedures. Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and controls.
- Ability to analyze financial information
- Understanding of accounting applications as they relate to data processing systems
- Experience with BPC, or a similar SAP system, is ideal. Must be able to learn and adapt to new technologies and systems quickly.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
Here’s what we have to offer:
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive Health, Dental and Vision coverage
- Life Insurance
- 401(K) Saving Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Company Holidays
- Paid Time Off to Volunteer in the Community
- Employee Discount Program
About USA TODAY NETWORK:
The USA TODAY NETWORK is the largest local to national media network in the country. Powered by integrated and award-winning news organizations with deep roots in 92 local communities, plus USA TODAY, the multiplatform news network informs and engages more than 100 million people every month through its diverse portfolio of digital, mobile, and publishing products. To connect with us, visit http://www.gannett.com/
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.
Back to top