Financial Accounting Supervisor
Come join the USA TODAY Network, a top global digital media company, which reaches more than 100 million people monthly through a powerful network of mobile & publishing properties.
Explore the possibilities as a Financial Accounting Supervisor with Gannett Co, Inc., for our regional financial hub in Tallahassee FL. We are seeking someone with solid accounting knowledge and exceptional leadership skills.
This position is responsible for ensuring all general accounting tasks are completed timely, efficiently, accurately and in compliance with organizational and governmental policies and procedures. The Financial Supervisor and staff services the Regional Financial Manager and business units as needed. The Financial Supervisor provides direct support to the south hub and business units that includes, but is not limited to, journal entries, month end and year end closings, financial statement analysis, cash receipts, payroll, inventory management, accounts payable, capital planning, cost management and projections, workflow routing and approvals, adherence to Sarbanes Oxley and internal company policy, budgeting and customer service. The Financial Supervisor is responsible for operational effectiveness, customer service orientation and financial results both for the hub and the business unit. Supervises hub accounting staff and business systems from multiple locations remotely.
In this role, you will:
- Develop relationships and provide direct support to the Regional Financial Manager and staff at business units.
- Manage the hub accounting staff, as well as, mentor and train hub staff.
- Maintain financial security by adhering to internal controls.
- Review and audit payroll, accounts payable, cash receipts, inventory, journal entries, reconciliations, etc. for specific business units.
- Perform a wide variety of general accounting functions including preparation, review, and approval of journal entries, month-end closing processes, year-end schedules and reports.
- Coordinate all general accounting related needs of the hub and sites utilizing hub or SSC staff when appropriate. Anticipates and resolves complex issues/needs for business units.
- Ensures monthly financial statements are completed timely and accurately.
- Assist financial analyst team with forecasting as needed.
- Support audit by providing information and answers to auditors.
- Meet accounting operational standards by contributing financial information to strategic plans and reviews; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; identifying system improvements.
- Provide and maintain excellent customer service to hub management and site staff.
- Accounting Supervisor
- Strong GAAP/Sarbanes Oxley knowledge
- Financial statement prowess
- Passion for results
- Customer/client orientation
- Strong communication at all levels both verbal and written
- Support multiple business units simultaneously
- Teamwork and team leadership
- Technical skills including advanced skill in Excel and other Microsoft Office programs
- Very detail oriented
Here’s what you need:
- Business degree (BS or MBA) with 3+ years of accounting supervisory experience that includes accounts receivable, accounts payable, cash receipts and general ledger
- Demonstrated customer service, coupled with strong organizational and problem solving skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to work with internal and external stakeholders
- Experience in a consolidated financial environment
- Big picture perspective and ability to manage vision but also the ability to perform the detailed assignments as needed.
- Media or publishing media experience preferred
- Ability to train, mentor and coach employees both local and remote
- Time management skills with the ability to follow up, plan accordingly and ensure deadlines are met
Here’s what we have to offer:
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive Health, Dental and Vision coverage
- Life Insurance
- 401(K) Saving Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Company Holidays
- Paid Time Off to Volunteer in the Community
- Employee Discount Program
To connect with us, visit http://www.gannett.com/
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.
Back to top