Finance Director (Bergen County, New Jersey):
The Finance Director, based in Woodland, NJ, will serve as a strategic business partner for The Record and the North Jersey Media Group. The Finance Director provides support that includes, but is not limited to, being the primary business partner to the site, financial planning, forecasting and analysis, capital planning, participates in month-end closing and ownership of financial statements, workflow approvals, invoicing, and front counter customer service, if applicable. The Finance Director fulfills group/divisional requests and is the strategic partner to the President. The RFD is responsible for operational effectiveness, customer service orientation and financial results for the business unit.
- Serves as business partner to sites. Coordinates all finance related needs of the site utilizing shared service staff when appropriate. Anticipates and resolves complex issues/needs for business unit.
- Develops relationship with executive staff at business unit and becomes fully engaged in the operation.
- Effective standardization of procedures, analysis, tools used across business unit.
- Performs complex financial planning and analysis, including forecasting, capital planning and ad hoc P&L’s.
- Approves invoices, adjustments, journal entries, reconciliations, etc., for specific business unit.
- Manages financial statements, financial policies and Sarbanes Oxley requirements.
- Standardizes, streamlines and offers solutions to manual and/or inefficient processes.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Business unit satisfaction/support to executive team
- Division Finance leader or group controller satisfaction
- On time and accurate forecasting, month end processes and other reporting
- Actual expense to budget
- Operational knowledge
- Controller/Financial Manager
- Financial Analysis and planning
- Strong GAAP/Sarbanes Oxley knowledge
- Financial statement prowess
- Passion for results
- Customer/client orientation
- Strong communication at all levels
- Teamwork and team leadership
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Business degree (BS or MBA) with 5+ years of controller experience
- Demonstrated customer service
- Strong analytical, organizational, problem solving skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to work with internal and external stakeholders
- Strategic agility, business acumen, and ability to work with a variety of stakeholders, including high-level leaders in highly-charged situations.
- Experience in a consolidated financial environment
- Big picture perspective and ability to manage vision but also the ability to perform more detailed assignments as needed.
- Travel required
Meet Some of Gannett's Employees
Sr. Designer, Product
Marianne designs the visual interface for digital applications at Gannett. She ensures news readers around the world have the most engaging and intuitive experience possible.
Back to top