Facilities Maintenance Technician
The Arizona Daily Star is seeking a Facilities Maintenance Technician to join our team.
- Assisting the operations manager in the daily activities associated with the operation of the facility.
- Diagnoses trouble with machinery and technical equipment and provides solutions.
- Serves as primary or backup role in the system of scheduling and posting online advertising.
- Under general supervision, performs skilled work in carpentry, electrical or plumbing.
- Responsible for monitoring, preventative maintenance and repairing of building equipment.
- High School Diploma or G.E.D. required.
- Apprentice level experience in carpentry, electrical or plumbing strongly desired.
- Requires knowledge of small and large maintenance tools.
- Must work well with others and be team oriented in nature.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to work effectively in a fast paced, deadline driven, environment.
Here’s what we have to offer:
We offer a competitive salary and career growth opportunities. We also offer you a comprehensive benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term disability, long-term disability, Paid Time Off, Company Paid Holidays, employee discount program and domestic partner benefits. Our 401(k) is topnotch and contributions you make, up to the first 5% eligible for a 100% Company match!
The Arizona Daily Star in Tucson, Arizona is the only local newspaper covering local breaking news. It has a tradition of serving the residents of Southern Arizona for over a century. As the home of the University of Arizona, Tucson also is rich in cultural diversity and a commitment to educational excellence.
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a next-generation media company committed to strengthening communities across our network. Through trusted, compelling content and unmatched local-to-national reach, Gannett touches the lives of nearly 100 million people monthly. With more than 110 markets internationally, it is known for Pulitzer Prize-winning newsrooms, powerhouse brands such as USA TODAY and specialized media properties. To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.
Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Connect with us on LinkedIn
Back to top