As the Executive Assistant to the Chief People Officer of Gannett, you will provide efficient and streamlined support for a growing, dynamic, diverse and strategically important organization. Your ability to adjust direction in response to changing work situations, to accommodate different working styles and to prioritize your own work and tasks will be key to your success. There is nothing beneath you or above you. We’re looking for a committed individual with a “whatever it takes” attitude. The position is based in Tyson’s Corner, VA.
Responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
- Complex calendar management (day-to-day, fiscal year planning, and time management), resulting in Chief People Officer staying focused on business priorities, working efficiently and being fully prepared and timely for appointments
- Calendar prioritization with insight to what is critical to the business in order to make the appropriate decisions that directly impact the executive’s time
- Effectively initiating re-prioritization and changing direction in response to unpredictable situations
- Planning & coordinating travel plans end-to-end including the proactive anticipation of any and all logistics and itineraries
- Reconciling expense reports, ensure timely processing and approvals
- Organizing speaking engagements, preparing notes and reports
- Manage a diverse set of projects, including developing basic project plans and then subsequently driving to successful execution.
- Supporting HR Leadership Team with travel and expenses as needed.
- Must possess an aptitude to deal with disgruntled employees, vendors and staff as necessary
- Management of monthly data metrics for the team
- Point person for My Life at Work HR Portal content management as well as ongoing governance of content
- Work with current portal team – create quarterly content review schedule and ensure content owners are held accountable for providing timely content updates
- Seek to understand how content is used in practice through focus groups and metrics gathered in employee services
- Contribute to functional design and enhancements by partnering with People Technology
The successful candidate:
- Has demonstrated work experience supporting a senior level executive.
- Anticipates the executive’s needs; make administrative decisions and requests for information on behalf of the executive based on understanding of the team’s priorities.
- Exercises sound judgment, tact, diplomacy, integrity and professionalism in all transactions, demonstrating a positive “can-do” attitude
- Must possess an aptitude to work independently without significant oversight or instruction to achieve results with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Is action-oriented, has outstanding project and time management skills and is able to react with appropriate urgency to situations and events that require a quick response or turnaround.
- Is willing to take ownership and drive issues to a quick and solid resolution. The ability to change direction in response to a fluctuating work environment.
- Is able to maintain a cool and focused persona under pressure, within short time constraints
- Is able to establish rapport quickly and adjust his/her behavior to take into account the working styles and perspectives of others.
- A minimum 6+ years of relevant work experience, in human resources preferred and social media preferred, supporting a senior level executive in a fast-paced environment
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft productivity software including: SharePoint, Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Bachelor of Arts/Science (BA/BS) or equivalent experience preferred.
Gannett Co., Inc. is an international media and marketing solutions company that informs and engages more than 100 million people every month through its powerful network of mobile and publishing properties.
With the largest network of local news and related digital assets in the U.S. (92 trusted local U.S. daily media organizations), the nation’s #1 daily publication by circulation (USA TODAY), a leading regional news organization in the U.K. (Newsquest), and exceptional journalistic talent, Gannett delivers unparalleled news and information on multiple platforms as well as innovative solutions for advertisers. Gannett previously announced its plan to separate into two publicly traded companies. The separation, which was effected through a tax-free dividend of shares in the publishing company to existing Gannett shareholders, occurred on June 29th, 2015. The new Gannett has a virtually debt-free balance sheet, strong cash flow, and commitment to financial discipline, making it uniquely positioned to pursue consolidation opportunities of local market publishing operations while maintaining the ability to invest in products and services that will drive growth.
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.
Back to top