Event Sponsorship, Regional Director
Event Sponsorship, Regional Director -USA Today Network-Gulf Region
Event Sponsorship, Regional Director will work cooperatively with local sales leaders and presidents to pitch and close event sponsorship sales to drive media revenue. This will include digital and print media, video and custom programs, with an eye toward extending sponsorships from local to larger regional markets. Responsible for identifying and developing high quality prospects, securing face-to-face appointments as well as a building and maintaining a sustainable and profitable pipeline of opportunities. This position owns revenue from events within the region. Position reports to a regional president, working closely with the group sales vice president.
- Pursue new local sponsorship sales leads, expanding beyond existing clients, agencies and contacts.
- Work in tandem with local leadership to manage the process of compiling information and supporting sales through customized proposal generation including creative development, collecting and formulating research and building compelling presentations outlining all promotional elements and opportunities available within each sponsorship event.
- Develop and implement innovative sponsorship sales strategies, defining what clients are sponsoring and establishing the unique value proposition in each local event offering.
- Proactively manage the sponsorship sales process with each initiative to ensure financial and marketing goals are met.
- Partner with the local president as well as group and local sales leadership team to implement and manage sponsorship training to sales staff, ensuring we are reaching all potential opportunities.
- Oversee the negotiation and execution of all aspects of contractual agreements related to sponsorships in order to achieve the greatest benefits for the client and company.
- Collect and monitor insights and best practices for key categories to share with sales leadership team and presidents. Effectively report on account development and sales process with local sales leaders and presidents.
- Oversee the creation and presentation of promotional materials to sales team and clients at the conclusion of each sold sponsorship program.
- Serve as a liaison to corporate event teams.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, advertising or related field or equivalent related event/sponsorship/media experience required.
- Minimum five years event marketing and/or sponsorship sales experience required.
- Proven ability to build trusted relationships with key internal audiences, given close working relationships necessary across all products and channels to include editorial, sales and marketing.
- Proven experience managing partnership marketing efforts with success growing account spend incrementally.
- Understanding of marketing research techniques and ability to apply findings in face to face interaction with clients.
- Deep working knowledge of the sales process and a strong general sales acumen, as well as superior relationship development and account management skills.
- Ability to understand and work within a variety of different business models and non-traditional revenue streams.
- Deep understanding of digital, mobile and social media space and how marketers utilize these platforms.
- Ability to flawlessly and dynamically present our value proposition to an audience.
- Excellent organization and time management skills with the ability to multi-task and connect across multiple markets simultaneously.
- Problem solving and interpersonal skills necessary to reach compromises that all parties find acceptable during negotiation.
- Proven team leader with results-oriented focus.
- Excellent analytical, written and oral communication & presentation skills.
- Must be effective at multi-tasking and have exceptional time-management skills.
- Driven to optimize results for clients.
- Road warrior needed. Ability to travel across many markets frequently.
- Demonstrated experience in selling high-dollar sponsorships.
Back to top