The Greenville News in Upstate South Carolina, part of the USA TODAY Network, a top global digital media company, which reaches more than 100 million people monthly through a powerful network of mobile & publishing properties is looking for a sharp, innovative Engagement Editor to help shape the way we interact with the public, develop a voice for the news organization’s social media and real-life engagement and ensure consistency of execution across all platforms, including live events.
Greenville is a mid-sized metro market of 800,000 our engagement editor plans and executes unique and powerful ways to connect with the community. Their goal is to make sure dialogue with our audience is a two-way street, and that every story reaches its audience potential in print, digital, community events and social media. The engagement editor oversees content that highlights discussions and debates on important community issues, and plays a critical role in promoting our brand and driving dialogue. The engagement editor works closely with reporters, photographers and editors in the newsroom, as well as members of the sales and marketing teams to identify and develop engagement opportunities with readers and subscribers. They also serve as the backup to the senior engagement editor for editorial page content. Our goal is to take journalism beyond the newsroom and make it a community touchstone through powerful events and outreach.
South Carolina’s Upstate is a beautiful, active region that boasts an amazing quality of life. The Blue Ridge Mountains provide opportunities for great mountain biking and stellar scenery. The metropolitan area sits midway between Atlanta and Charlotte, each a day trip away. Greenville is a forward-facing community with a vibrant downtown — you won’t find a better backdrop from which to accomplish your goal of reinventing journalism.
Here’s what you need to have:
- BA/BS degree in Marketing, Communications, Business Administration, or equivalent in experience and education, or relative experience
- 2 + years in social media, event planning or related experience
- Excellent communications skills, online and in person to interact with the community and our journalists
- Advanced expertise at creatively using social media to build our brand and deliver high-quality journalism
- Experience in marketing and events planning is as important as a thorough understanding of the news business
- Ability to manage multiple projects, provide new ideas and prioritize effectively in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
Here’s what we have to offer:
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive Health, Dental and Vision coverage
- Life Insurance
- 401(K) Saving Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Company Holidays
- Paid Time Off to Volunteer in the Community
- Employee Discount Program
About USA TODAY NETWORK: The USA TODAY NETWORK is the largest local to national media network in the country. Powered by integrated and award-winning news organizations with deep roots in 92 local communities, plus USA TODAY, the multiplatform news network informs and engages more than 100 million people every month through its diverse portfolio of digital, mobile, and publishing products. To connect with us, visit http://www.gannett.com/
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.
Back to top