District Manager-Gannett Publishing Services/Jackson, MS
Gannett Publishing Services
The Clarion-Ledger Media group part of the USA TODAY Network, has an exciting opportunity for a dynamic Metro District Sales Manager . We are a top global digital media company, which reaches more than 100 million people monthly through a powerful network of mobile & publishing properties. Our goal is to re-imagine our traditional media roots. This is achieved by creating innovative products and services that leverage our role as an information provider and reach our customers whenever and wherever. The Metro District Sales Manager will achieve the customer service and sales objectives in a designated geographical area. Oversee the independent delivery contractors and work with a team of district sales managers, part-time employees and service agents to effectively manage the distribution of all Clarion-Ledger products through a distribution center.
In This Role, You Will:
- Recruit, contract, orient and counsel independent delivery contractors to provide excellent customer service to our home delivery subscribers, TMC households and single copy outlets
- Manage the daily operations of the distribution center and maintain an effective work environment to provide feedback and leadership to all contractors, part-time employees and service agents.
- Personally interact with subscribers by telephone and face-to-face in order to resolve problems and ensure service levels are achieved consistently.
- Monitor, track, develop and implement strategies to consistently achieve service, expense and sales goals for both your district and the distribution center. Categories include but are not limited to daily cpms; Sunday cpms; repeat complaints; starts not started; open routes; route profitability; scheduling; key neighborhood penetration.
- Deliver down or open routes, redeliver missed delivery complaints.
- Perform administrative functions such as contractor payments, credits and charges, contracts, daily message transactions and complete all necessary forms.
Here’s What You Need:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent is required College, managerial or circulation experience preferred.
- Hours include early morning, weekends and holidays. Combination of warehouse and in the field environment. Must have access to and able to operate their own vehicle. Travel usually limited to greater Metro area. .
- Good communication and people skills, ability to work as a member of a team, organizational skills, problem solving skills.
- Driving, PC skills, typing skills, adding machine necessary. AS400.
- This position must identify and resolve problems, communicate and work well with people on a daily basis. The position also requires assistance in the distribution of the newspaper in a daily changing environment.
Here’s What We Have To Offer:
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive Health, Dental and Vision coverage
- Life Insurance
- 401(K) Saving Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Company Holidays
- Paid Time Off to Volunteer in the Community
- Employee Discount Program
About USA TODAY NETWORK:
The USA TODAY NETWORK is the largest local to national media network in the country. Powered by integrated and award-winning news organizations with deep roots in 92 local communities, plus USA TODAY, the multiplatform news network informs and engages more than 100 million people every month through its diverse portfolio of digital, mobile, and publishing products. To connect with us, visit http://www.gannett.com/
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.
Back to top