District Manager - Gannett Publishing Services/Wilmington, DE covering Smyrna, Dover & Milford Areas
Gannett Publishing Services
Wilmington, DE (Smyrna, Dover, Milford Area)
We are searching for a highly motivated District Manager to handle distribution of The News Journal Home Delivery products and all associated publications and contractors within the assigned area. The District Manager is responsible to maintain service at designated company standards.
Key areas of accountability are to:
- Manage the distribution of all Home Delivery and/or Single Copy publications as well as other outside contracted publications within the territory.
- Recruit, initiate contracts, oversee route orientation process, and manage contracts in order to comply with company service standards.
- Deliver publications within open routes when routes are not contracted.
- Manage staff to assist with duties in route delivery, service, redeliveries, and area coverage.
- Monitor stops and starts, hot alerts, and conduct field verifications in order to confirm contract compliance.
- Contact customers when necessary to address complaints and resolve customer service problems.
- The preferred candidate possesses a 4-year college degree.
- Demonstrates excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experience in managing contracts.
- Must be able to work early morning hours, approximately 2 a.m. through mid-morning and some weekends as needed. Sunday rotations may be required as necessary.
- Must possess a vehicle and a valid driver’s license and understand that vehicle will be used for this position.
- Basic computer skills are desirable.
To apply, please forward your resume to: [email protected]
We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status,
personal appearance, sexual orientation, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.
Back to top