Director Sales, Key Accounts
The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, part of the USA TODAY NETWORK, is seeking an innovative, experienced and proactive Director of Sales who will be responsible for building and leading a high-performance sales team dedicated to providing comprehensive media solutions to potential advertisers. We are seeking an individual who possesses strong leadership and relationship-building skills that can play a pivotal role in the development and implementation of advertising strategies, company-wide initiatives, as well as be accountable for enhancing our media company’s brand.
- Communicating a clear vision for the Key Accounts team. Should have the ability to clearly articulate the company mission and garner commitments among the team that align and propel forward the organization’s values, vision, strategy and goals.
- The incumbent will lead and manage a multi-media marketing solutions outside account executive team for the Milwaukee Metro market focusing on a critical, large, local business sector with local or regional decision makers, often with multiple decision makers and influencers.
- This role leads a team that grows market share within a designated account list through the combination of acquiring new business and increasing current client spend while increasing client satisfaction. Account Executives are generally aligned to 30 or less clients in an effort to allow deeper time and resource investment for premier clients offering highest market potential.
- Maintains a high awareness and understanding of the market and the competition to all goals and targets. Holds staff accountable to revenue goals, objectives, KPIs and other metrics. Creates effective formal activity metrics for staff. Develops strong sales plans. Has a clear, formal, written plan to attack allocated segments/territories. Coaches to develop comprehensive, individual account plans for Account Executives that achieve a high level of individual account penetration.
- Ensures execution and adoption of sales strategies, plans and best practices to increase digital and overall revenue growth and achieve budgeted goals.
- Collaborates with Sales & Marketing Division partners to execute programs that foster world-class sales behavior, values, development, and best practices.
- Maintains a full staff of highly-skilled, high performing sales executives. Collaborates with HR talent acquisition team to recruit sophisticated sellers focused on sales revenue growth and digital transformation.
- Spends time with sales account executives visiting customers in the field with the purpose of deepening account relationships. Uses these opportunities to coach staff.
- Provides appropriate mix of direction and strategy. Collaborates with the staff on strategy, innovation, etc., to ensure that new ideas are developed and presented to clients. Identifies complex customer needs and builds custom client solutions that differentiate Journal Sentinel and the USA TODAY NETWORK from competitors.
- Articulates Journal Sentinel’s and USA TODAY NETWORK’s value proposition and prove ROI with data.
- Leverages multiple Journal Sentinel/USA TODAY NETWORK resources and partners to develop optimal client solutions including print and digital products. Proficient in USA TODAY NETWORK’s premium digital capabilities.
- Works with C-level clients, corporate and matrixed organizations.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, advertising or related area.
- Minimum 7+ years’ sales experience with a proven track record in building and growing a multiple M+ revenue business. Sales experience with digital marketing products and services preferred, focusing on the large local business sector with local or regional decision makers, often with multiple decision makers and influencers.
- Sales management experience. Proven successful experience in a leadership sales role.
- Experience or exposure to the Challenger selling model consultative selling skills.
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal, and verbal and written communication skills.
- A track-record of innovation and initiative – Utilizes creativity and strategic thinking.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills are required. Must have strong time management and organizational skills. Candidate must be able to work effectively in a fast-paced, high-pressure, ever-evolving environment.
- Experience in a leading-edge organization that makes a best-practices sales culture a top priority.
What we offer:
As a part of Gannett Co., Inc., the nation’s largest media and marketing solutions company, we offer a dynamic, community-focused environment where individuals are rewarded for exceptional performance. We offer competitive salaries and benefits, including health care, dental and vision coverage, flexible spending account, 401(k), paid time off, and tuition reimbursement. Pre-employment drug testing and background screening are required.
About USA TODAY NETWORK:
About Us: Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a next-generation media company committed to strengthening communities across our network. Through trusted, compelling content and unmatched local-to-national reach, Gannett touches the lives of nearly 100 million people monthly. With more than 110 markets internationally, it is known for Pulitzer Prize-winning newsrooms, powerhouse brands such as USA TODAY and specialized media properties. To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com.
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status
Meet Some of Gannett's Employees
Sr. Designer, Product
Marianne designs the visual interface for digital applications at Gannett. She ensures news readers around the world have the most engaging and intuitive experience possible.
Back to top