The Times Media Group, a USA Today Network Co., is seeking a strategic and tactically driven Sales Director to build and lead a high-performance, local-accounts sales team dedicated to providing comprehensive media solutions to businesses. The Sales Director will direct activity to meet and exceed revenue goals and objectives and budget advertising revenue goals. This position reports to the Vice President of Advertising/Louisiana.
In this role you will:
- Provide overall leadership and guidance for the sales effort including day-to-day management of their assigned accounts.
- Responsible for the implementation of sales strategies and department procedures.
- Prepare and manage revenue and expense budgets to achieve targets.
- Improve quality and reduce defects with a plan of continuous quality improvement.
- Responsible for the ongoing improvement of products, services, ad content and layout.
- Establish promotional and sales efforts for growing advertising revenues and increasing market share.
- Identify regional competitive threats and create promotional packages to overcome competition.
- Develop and maintain effective client relationships with advertisers.
- Provide coaching and feedback for sales staff to support talent development and ensure they meet sales goals, control expenses and achieve departmental budget.
- Participate in sales calls with sales staff to ensure that sales reps are properly executing training knowledge and meeting the customer’s needs.
Here’s what you need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Business, Marketing, Public Relations or equivalent experience. Advanced degree preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years Sales Management experience. Digital advertising sales preferred.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills are required. Must have strong time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, high-pressure, ever-evolving environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills along with excellent verbal and written communication skills are mandatory
- A track-record of innovation and initiative
- Proven record of successfully leading in a goal-oriented, highly accountable key account environment.
- Ability to build and manage a B2B sales organization.
Here’s what we have to offer:
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive Health, Dental and Vision coverage
- Life Insurance
- 401(K) Saving Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Company Holidays
- Paid Time Off to Volunteer in the Community
- Employee Discount Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
About USA TODAY NETWORK:
The USA TODAY NETWORK is the largest local to national media network in the country. Powered by integrated and award-winning news organizations with deep roots in 92 local communities, plus USA TODAY, the multiplatform news network informs and engages more than 100 million people every month through its diverse portfolio of digital, mobile, and publishing products. To connect with us, visit http://www.gannett.com/
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.
Meet Some of Gannett's Employees
Sr. Designer, Product
Marianne designs the visual interface for digital applications at Gannett. She ensures news readers around the world have the most engaging and intuitive experience possible.
Back to top