USATODAY NETWORK is one of the top 20 digital companies in the country, sharingthe list with Google, Facebook, and Amazon. And we haveover 100 million unique visitors a month, which is more than Buzzfeed, YahooNews, and Huffington Post. Because our team consists of over 110 localproperties with USA TODAY at the helm, you’ll have the luxury of living in acommunity you love while making a national impact.
The Commercial Appeal is seeking a strategic and tactically driven Sales Director to build and lead a high-performance, local-accounts sales team dedicated to providing comprehensive media solutions to businesses. The Sales Director will direct activity to meet and exceed revenue goals and objectives and budget advertising revenue goals.
In this role, you will:
- Provide overall leadership and guidance for the sales effort including day-to-day management of their assigned accounts.
- Responsible for the implementation of sales strategies and department procedures.
- Prepare and manage revenue and expense budgets to achieve targets.
- Improve quality and reduce defects with a plan of continuous quality improvement.
- Responsible for the ongoing improvement of products, services, ad content and layout.
- Establish promotional and sales efforts for growing Sales revenues and increasing market share.
- Identify regional competitive threats and create promotional packages to overcome competition.
- Develop and maintain effective client relationships with advertisers.
- Provide coaching and feedback for sales staff to support talent development and ensure they meet sales goals, control expenses and achieve departmental budget.
- Participate in sales calls with sales staff to ensure that sales reps are properly executing training knowledge and meeting the customer’s needs.
Here’s what you need:
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, advertising, or equivalent combination of education and experience. MBA or related Master’s achievement is preferred.
- Minimum 3+ years management of sales organization experience required in newspaper and/or media advertising sales.
- Exceptional coaching skills.
- Expert knowledge of all facets of print and digital sales and marketing.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills and ability to promote and sell concepts to team and customers.
- Experience negotiating multi-market and multi product advertising contracts is a plus.
- Excellent leadership skills and experience managing sales staff to achieve revenue goals and high performance.
- Adept at creating new revenue opportunities from synergies between interactive sales and print.
- Excellent organizational skills and analytical skills, including proficient PC skills in Microsoft Office.
Here’s what we have to offer:
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive Health, Dental and Vision coverage
- Life Insurance
- 401(K) Saving Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Company Holidays
- Paid Time Off to Volunteer in the Community
- Employee Discount Program
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a proud equal opportunityemployer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. Wewill consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, nationalorigin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation,gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, politicalaffiliation or veteran status. Connect with us on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Glassdoor, Indeed & TheMuse to learn more about our
dynamic company culture!
Meet Some of Gannett's Employees
Sr. Designer, Product
Marianne designs the visual interface for digital applications at Gannett. She ensures news readers around the world have the most engaging and intuitive experience possible.
Back to top