Director of Sales, Regional Accounts
Gannett Co., Inc. seeks a sales leader to serve as Director of Sales, Regional Accounts. This position will be responsible for business development against a defined list of regional advertising accounts and will collaborate with local sites to deliver high-impact marketing solutions. A successful candidate will have demonstrated success coordinating strategy and sales across multiple markets
Ideal candidates must have a record of successfully penetrating and growing business with large accounts, working both directly with the clients and local market leadership. Candidate must have strong skills in integrating analytics, market insights, account planning and other “enterprise” best sales practices to create and execute successful growth strategies. Digital media sales experience is required.
The successful candidate will lead a small team of regional account managers to grow business with current regional accounts and will identify and close new business opportunities. Experience in leading and developing a team (potentially remotely) is a requirement.
Extensive travel is required. The location of this position is open at this time, but will be based on one of Gannett’s larger markets.
Position reports to President/Louisville.
- Accountable for revenue growth with existing accounts through strategic and tactical collaboration with local site and group sales leadership.
- Negotiate with c-level, procurement departments, and agencies in digital and traditional print media
- Work with experience with regional/national accounts in a matrix environment, whereby both regional and local teams may have relationships
- Develop new business among low and no share regional accounts.
- Build consensus within the organization for execution of regional sales opportunities.
- Strong leadership skills with a proven track record of team development, motivation and results.
- Minimum 8 years, proven sales results, 5 years digital sales experience.
- Bachelor’s degree required. MBA preferred.
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills.
- Must have proficient PC skills including Microsoft Office.
- Ability to manage a team remotely.
- Strong attention to detail, ability to multi-task and follow-through projects to completion.
- Strong presenter and communicator with internal and external customers and partners.
- Strategic thinker comfortable developing and making recommendations to senior management.
- Excellent organization and time management skills.
- Able to react to change productively.
Here’s what we have to offer:
- Competitive compensation and bonus structure
- Comprehensive Health, Dental and Vision coverage
- Life Insurance
- 401(K) Saving Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Company Holidays
- Paid Time Off to Volunteer in the Community
- Employee Discount Program
Gannett is a leading media and marketing company with unparalleled local-to-national reach, successfully connecting consumers, communities and businesses. With the iconic USA TODAY, 100 strong local media organizations in 33 states and Guam, and with more than 160 local news brands online in the U.K., we provide rich content through hundreds of outstanding affiliated digital, mobile and print products.
Each month more than 95 million unique visitors access content from USA TODAY and Gannett’s local media organizations, putting the company squarely in the Top 10 U.S. news and information category. U.S. newspapers add an additional audience of 9 million readers every weekday.
Utilizing innovations in technology, digital media and print publishing, our 360° storytelling is offered in markets all across the U.S. From local townships to the national stage, we keep readers informed with what interests them most. When their hometown celebrates, we all share in that joy. When the nation is challenged, we band together as a community. Our voices are strongest together.
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.
Back to top