Director of Sales
RGJ Media, a part of the Gannett Co. Inc. family, is the leading source of local news and information in Northern Nevada through a variety of distinct local print, mobile and online products, including reno.com. Through our combination of products, we have the possibility to reach and engage more than a million people. RGJ Media is committed to helping local businesses grow and succeed, thanks to our unmatched combination of unique content and advertising and marketing solutions. We deliver an ENGAGED AUDIENCE using a variety of SOPHISTICATED TOOLS and resources, and provide our clients the INTEGRATED MARKETING EXPERTISE to help them meet their goals.
We have an exciting opening for a dynamic Sales Manager – Key Accounts. This position is responsible for building and leading a high-performance sales team dedicated to providing comprehensive media solutions to large, high-potential advertisers and is accountable for moderate to high revenue in the key accounts market segment.
In this role you will:
- Ensure that the business unit meets and/or exceeds revenue expectations. Maintains a high awareness and understanding of the business unit’s revenue responsibilities and is aware of the performance to goal
- Provide direction and strategy to sales staff and works closely with staff members during customer visits in the field, providing coaching and assisting in enhancing account relationships. Collaborates with the staff on strategy, innovation, etc. to ensure that new ideas are developed and presented to clients.
- Consistently provide timely and relevant feedback to sales team and provides coaching to staff to successfully execute the 5-step Sales process.
- Evaluate client opportunity and potential based on current trends, changes in the market, etc. Maintains a strong understanding of market competitors. Develops strategies with the sales team for selling effectively against the competition.
- Communicate and actively encourage a shared commitment to values, vision, strategy and goals.
- Advocate on behalf of the sales team to remove barriers as well as on behalf of management to ensure achievement of company objectives.
We offer a robust, rewarding career experience:
- Work with the best: We’ll surround you with talented leaders driven toward your success and ours.
- Do well here: Further your career while working to serve the greater good in our community.
- Go big: We’ll equip you with the region’s best marketing services and solutions, empowering you to deliver unparalleled results to your customers.
- Get paid well: Enjoy base pay well above the market average with unlimited earning potential. We want the best so we are paying the best.
- Get in now: Join the ground floor of a national organization in the midst of rapid transformation to a new and exciting media start-up – an invaluable career experience.
- Lead a topnotch sales team, which is supported by account managers, digital campaign managers, marketing strategists and more.
Qualified candidates for the position must demonstrate these key competencies:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred (or a comparable combination of education/experience and/or training will be considered equivalent)
- 3-5+ years of sales management experience
- History of driving results
- Ability to think and act strategically
- Strong two-way communication skills, negotiation and influencing skills, both written and oral.
- Effective collaborator and delegator
- Aptitude or acumen for digital marketing
Here’s what we have to offer:
RGJ Media offers the opportunity to be part of a dynamic, customer-focused and digitally driven team. We are an established local brand with a range of resources and customer solutions that no one in our market can match. In partnership with Gannett, our parent company, we offer trusted brands, which allow our customers to connect and engage with audiences in new and innovative ways.
- Competitive base salary and uncapped commissions
- Comprehensive Health, Dental and Vision coverage
- Life Insurance
- 401(K) Saving Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Company Holidays
- Paid Time Off to Volunteer in the Community
- Employee Discount Program
About the Reno Gazette-Journal:
RGJ Media/Reno Gazette-Journal is proud to be a part of Gannett. We are an energetic and fast-paced media company with a sales team devoted to being a World Class Sales Organization. If you’re looking for a rewarding challenge, RGJ is the place to be!
The Reno Gazette-Journal, a part of the Gannett Co., Inc., family, and a consultative media company that provides our customers with a means to deliver their advertising message to the right audience in the most effective way. From online to print to direct mail, the RGJ encompasses an array of products including CareerBuilder.com, rgj.com, Reno.com and The Reno Gazette-Journal.
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a next-generation media company committed to strengthening communities across our network. Through trusted, compelling content and unmatched local-to-national reach, Gannett touches the lives of nearly 100 million people monthly. With more than 110 markets internationally, it is known for Pulitzer Prize-winning newsrooms, powerhouse brands such as USA TODAY and specialized media properties. To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com.
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.
Back to top