Director of Sales
The Asheville Citizen-Times media group, is seeking a strategic and tactically driven Sales Director to build and lead a high-performance, local-accounts sales team dedicated to providing comprehensive media solutions to businesses. The Sales Director will direct activity to meet and exceed revenue goals and objectives and budget advertising revenue goals. This position reports to the Vice President of Sales/Carolinas.
In this role, you will:
- Provide overall leadership and guidance for the sales effort including day-to-day management of their assigned accounts.
- Responsible for the implementation of sales strategies and department procedures.
- Prepare and manage revenue and expense budgets to achieve targets.
- Improve quality and reduce defects with a plan of continuous quality improvement.
- Responsible for the ongoing improvement of products, services, ad content and layout.
- Establish promotional and sales efforts for growing Sales revenues and increasing market share.
- Identify regional competitive threats and create promotional packages to overcome competition.
- Develop and maintain effective client relationships with advertisers.
- Provide coaching and feedback for sales staff to support talent development and ensure they meet sales goals, control expenses and achieve departmental budget.
- Participate in sales calls with sales staff to ensure that sales reps are properly executing training knowledge and meeting the customer’s needs.
Here’s what you need:
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, advertising, or equivalent combination of education and experience. MBA or related Master’s achievement is preferred.
- Minimum 3+ years of outside sales experience required including prior management experience in newspaper and/or media advertising sales.
- Exceptional coaching skills.
- Expert knowledge of all facets of print and digital sales and marketing.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills and ability to promote and sell concepts to team and customers.
- Experience negotiating multi-market and multi product advertising contracts is a plus.
- Excellent leadership skills and experience managing sales staff to achieve revenue goals and high performance.
- Adept at creating new revenue opportunities from synergies between interactive sales and print.
- Excellent organizational skills and analytical skills, including proficient PC skills in Microsoft Office.
Here’s what we have to offer:
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive Health, Dental and Vision coverage
- Life Insurance
- 401(K) Saving Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Company Holidays
- Paid Time Off to Volunteer in the Community
- Employee Discount Program
About USA TODAY NETWORK: The USA TODAY NETWORK is the largest local to national media network in the country. Powered by integrated and award-winning news organizations with deep roots in 107 local communities, plus USA TODAY, the multiplatform news network informs and engages more than 100 million people every month through its diverse portfolio of digital, mobile, and publishing products. To connect with us, visit http://www.gannett.com/
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.
Back to top