Digital Sales Account Executive, Territory
Republic Media, the #1 local news website (azcentral.com) and the state’s largest daily newspaper (The Arizona Republic) is seeking an innovative, motivated, creative and experienced Digital Sales Account Executive, Territory. You will be responsible to grow digital advertising market share within a designated territory, through heavy prospecting and strategic selling to both an existing account list and new business development. We provide extensive on-boarding, coaching and training and an opportunity to work with a strong sales leadership team.
We have found our successful sales professionals possess a comprehensive knowledge of the industry, the competition, and the client to develop and execute value added strategies that generates business and strengthens our position in the marketplace.
Republic Media is the #1 News Source in the Valley and proud to be a part of Gannett. We are an energetic and fast-paced media company with a sales team devoted to being a World Class Sales Organization. If you’re looking for a rewarding challenge, Republic Media is the place to be!
We are a consultative media company that provides our customers with a means to deliver their advertising message to the right audience in the most effective way. From digital, print and social media, Republic Media encompasses an array of products including azcentral.com, The Arizona Republic and La Voz.
- Deliver and obtain digital commitments and campaigns
- Sell digital advertising solutions, demonstrate an understanding of these products and articulate the value of those products to our customers
- Meet or exceed revenue expectations
- Deliver and obtain long term commitments and campaigns
- Communicate with clients on needs analysis, delivering proposals/campaigns and conflict resolution
- Negotiate contracts/rates while keeping customer ROI and the Company’s rate integrity intact
- Execute the 5-Step Sales process which includes: 1. Plan & Prepare, 2. Evaluate Needs, 3. Build the Solution, 4. Present and Close, and 5. Follow Through
- Meet or exceed revenue expectations
- Increase market share by gaining new business through aggressive face-to-face sales calls, up-sells, appointment setting and cold calls with potential customers
- Manage day-to-day activities using a CRM system
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of education/experience and/or training
- 1-2 years’ sales experience with a minimum of 1 year previous digital sales experience
- Ability to identify the current needs of client base; communicate the benefits of our audience based marketing solutions as they relate to each need and then sell the appropriate campaign
- Strong understanding of digital media platforms
- Ability to work through objections/concerns regarding costs, budgets and selling strategies
- Intense understanding of digital media platforms and digitally savvy
- Proficient in face-to-face sales calling including up-selling, appointment setting and cold calling
- Demonstrated record of success in a goal-oriented, highly accountable environment; in building customer-based revenue and in delivering customer solutions based on identified needs
Here’s what we have to offer:
We offer an extremely competitive compensation plan that rewards top performers and offers uncapped incentives, career growth opportunities, continuous training with a focus on becoming the best in sales. We also offer you a full benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term disability, long-term disability, employee discounts and domestic partner benefits. Our 401(k) is topnotch and contributions you make, up to the first 5% eligible for a 100% Company match!
Republic Media (a Gannett Company) is a local media company where you want to work. We know, because we work here. Reaching more than 2.2 million people each week, we are home to more than 25 brands, including The Arizona Republic, azcentral.com and La Voz. Republic Media is more than your typical media company. It’s a fast-paced culture offering extensive growth opportunities that plays to your strengths and fosters your talent.
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.
Connect with us on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Glassdoor, Indeed & The Muse to learn more about our dynamic company culture!
Meet Some of Gannett's Employees
Sr. Designer, Product
Marianne designs the visual interface for digital applications at Gannett. She ensures news readers around the world have the most engaging and intuitive experience possible.
Back to top