The Anderson Independent Mail part of the USA TODAY Network, a top global digital media company, which reaches more than 100 million people monthly through a powerful network of mobile & publishing properties, is seeking a digital/print producer to help oversee the newspaper’s ongoing and aggressive effort to create a digital-first news gathering approach at this community newspaper. This position will be based in Anderson, SC.
The producer publishes content to our digital platforms; optimizes content and headlines for each platform to enhance SEO, ensure broad audience reach and improve readers’ engaged time; serves as a copy editor as needed for digital stories; and manages branded social media accounts for the Independent Mail.
The producer also works with a regional print design studio to ensure that the daily print product is produced accurately and on time.
The ideal candidate will have some experience in digital production. We’re looking for someone who understands the need to make snap decisions about digital news production and who has the skills to implement ideas on the fly. We want someone who’s willing to experiment – and enjoy the success of that experimentation while learning from the failures. We want to be first, but most importantly we want to be fresh and accurate with the news that’s important in our market.
A familiarity with metrics and analytics is desirable, as is the ability to use that data to shape news decisions and content presentation. We want a digital native who understands how social media and digital content improve our reach and enhance our storytelling.
Anderson is in the Upstate of South Carolina, a short drive from the cosmopolitan city of Greenville that frequently appears on “best-of” lists across the country, and a quick trip from Georgia and the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains of North Carolina.
In this role you will
- Publish and optimize content to all digital platforms to enhance SEO and achieve maximum views and engaged time.
- Edit content for accuracy, clarity, tone and style
- Arrange content on digital platforms
- Use social media to improve reach and enhance our readers’ experience
- Work with editors to ensure content is published at the best times to increase reach
Here’s what you need:
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism or a related field
- Prior journalism experience
- Knowledge of AP style and ethical journalism standards
- Understanding of search engine optimization techniques
- A desire to work in and nurture a digital-first environment
- Familiarity with social media platforms include Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat and other emerging social media tools
- A team spirit and the ability to be a standard-bearer for digital news
About USA TODAY NETWORK:
The USA TODAY NETWORK is the largest local to national media network in the country. Powered by integrated and award-winning news organizations with deep roots in 107 local communities, plus USA TODAY, the multiplatform news network informs and engages more than 100 million people every month through its diverse portfolio of digital, mobile, and publishing products. To connect with us, visit http://www.gannett.com/
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.
Back to top