The USA TODAY NETWORK – Tennessee is seeking experienced digital producer to work in Nashville. The Producer provides advanced editing, packaging and presentation across all platforms. Manages the on-time and accurate delivery of top quality content – with an emphasis on video. Works with digital team leadership, editors, reporters and visual journalists to best display content on all platforms, using a high level of judgment and creativity. Collaborates with the digital team to maximize social media presence. Edits content before publishing to digital platforms or handing off to the Design Studio.
Typical Job Duties:
- Manage the home page, story pages and high traffic landing pages. Directs the flow of content, sending breaking news emails and alerts and adds video, SEO meta-data, hyperlinks, images and additional digital content. Writes effective digital headlines and summaries that help attract audiences. Writes engaging social posts that attract audiences and encourage readers to interact with social content.
- Optimizes, aggregates and packages assets for print and digital publication. Assembles, formats and ensures quality control on print content before it is handed off to the Design Studio.
- Provides advanced packaging and presentation across all platforms, including tablet, mobile phone and other social platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Snapchat.
- Experience editing and producing social videos is highly desired.
- Edits sensitive content for publication-readiness, including clarity, fairness, legality, spelling, grammar, punctuation and style.
- Uses metrics to monitor real-time data, determine traffic patterns and direct changes tied to the data. Familiarity with Chartbeat and Adobe analytics products a plus.
- Manages workflow to meet deadlines.
- Provides great customer service, helping readers find answers and solutions.
The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor’s in Communications, Journalism or equivalent in experience and education; five years of experience writing SEO headlines; and experience with storytelling techniques on multiple platforms.
Gannett provides a great work environment with a number of benefits to include medical, dental, vision insurance; 401k plan; paid vacation, along with a number of additional benefits. Qualified candidates should include cover letter, resume and salary requirements when applying. Employment is contingent on passing a pre-employment, post-offer drug screen.
About USA TODAY NETWORK :
The USA TODAY NETWORK is the largest local to national media network in the country. Powered by integrated and award-winning news organizations with deep roots in more than 100 local communities, plus USA TODAY, the multiplatform news network informs and engages more than 100 million people every month through its diverse portfolio of digital, mobile, and publishing products. To connect with us, visit http://www.gannett.com/
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.
Connect with us on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Glassdoor, Indeed & The Muse to learn more about our dynamic company culture!
Meet Some of Gannett's Employees
Sr. Designer, Product
Marianne designs the visual interface for digital applications at Gannett. She ensures news readers around the world have the most engaging and intuitive experience possible.
Back to top