Digital Optimization Specialist
USA TODAY NETWORK is one of the top 20 digital companies in the country, sharing the list with Google, Facebook, and Amazon. And we have over 100 million unique visitors a month, which is more than Buzzfeed, Yahoo News, and Huffington Post. Because our team consists of over 110 local properties with USA TODAY at the helm, you’ll have the luxury of living in a community you love while making a national impact.
The Tennessean (a USA Today Network Co.) is looking for Digital Optimization Specialist. The Digital Optimization Specialist will be responsible for managing the ad campaign lifecycle, including optimization, reporting, and needed improvements to the campaign to deliver results. The Optimization Specialist partners with account managers and account executives, providing insightful plan & prepare audits and to manage performance goals surrounding campaigns and provides upsell and cross sell opportunities to achieve customer expectations. He or she drives results in order to support customer retention. The Optimization Specialist is responsible for building revenue through superior campaign management and customer relationship management.
- Timely delivery of detailed campaign performance reports with strategic analysis, optimization recommendations and up-sell opportunities, as well as rationale to support suggestions.
- Use tools such as HeliosIQ, Site Catalyst, APT, OAR, Campaign Insights, Kantar and more to provide these optimum results to advertisers.
- Consult with Digital Fulfillment Account Manager on larger ad campaigns to ensure creative meets highest creative standards to drive optimal results.
- Consistently and Accurately tracks customer ads and identifies optimization opportunities to help the campaign improve performance beyond expected results.
- Identify other opportunities to target desired audience and prepare proposals to up-sell and/or tweak campaigns accordingly to optimize results and ROI, increase digital revenue.
- Implement optimization strategy with Sales team and provide post-campaign analysis to assist with retention efforts.
- Accompanying sales staff on visits/presentations to the client depending on size of opportunity.
- Actively participate in early sales stages with AE for new business targets or new upsell opportunities helping to identify opportunity and assist in making recommendations for optimal results for client.
- Consolidate reporting from all affiliates and websites and provide one, concise report for clients and sales teams.
- Utilizes proficiency in office technologies to support sales teams. Assists with any technology upgrades.
- Runs daily, weekly, and monthly reports as needed to support sales team.
- Proactively initiates projects as needed to support sales team and exceed customer expectations
- Back up other Fulfillment or Optimization Staff.
- QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS:
- 3-5 years digital experience.
- Bachelors Degree.
- Strong verbal, and written communications skills.
- Proficiency with DFP (Digital for Publishers), Google Analytics
- Proficiency with MS Office products required; SalesForce.com or other CRM tool preferred.
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status. Connect with us on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Glassdoor, Indeed & TheMuse to learn more about our dynamic company culture!
Meet Some of Gannett's Employees
Sr. Designer, Product
Marianne designs the visual interface for digital applications at Gannett. She ensures news readers around the world have the most engaging and intuitive experience possible.
Back to top